another hook up but what is this coral?

ms3

im not going to rant and rave about what i paid. but i its 34 heads of frog spone? on the left and 7 heads of ???? on the right they havent opened yet only been i the tank for about 30 mins. but to better help me place these things in my tank. thank you
yes i have the propper light.

ms3

pm ill tell you
there is more peaces then what u are seeing here in the pic. yes i know its kinda dirty looking i tried filling a small bucket with some tank water and use a tooth brush to get in there to get all that stuff out but it wasent happening

bang guy

Looks like a dying Frogspawn. The right looks like a Trumpet/Candycane to me. It's in decent shape but needs to recover.

ms3

i was thinking it was hammer i dont know never seen one closed up before. the frog spawn is vary much alive looks healthy to me they just flew in from LAX about an hr ago. so there going to look ruff
any suggestions of how to clean out the junk between the heads on the left?

ms3

upon closer review after this has opened up some the coral on the left is a candy cain. so i got 34 heads of candy cain. great well reguardless i still didet over pay but um any body need some frags of this?

bang guy

Originally Posted by ms3
http:///forum/post/2930614
upon closer review after this has opened up some the coral on the left is a candy cain. so i got 34 heads of candy cain. great well reguardless i still didet over pay but um any body need some frags of this?
That makes more sense than what I posted last night.

ms3

i think we are all wrong its not candy cain. upon turning on my tank lights today almost every head had tenticals comeing out. there clear with a brown tip. if my camera cost me more then 80 bucks i might have been able to take a good picture of this. even the lighter colored coral on the right had tenticals comeing out. vary small just getting use to the tank still. so back to the drawling board what is this coral

aquaknight

Definitely a trumpet/candy cane, that looks like the shipping company played kickball with the cooler this guy was shipped in (from all the roughed up skeleton pieces that would have rubbed if the coral was flipped upside down).
The clear tentacles are just feeding tentacles most LPS corals have. Corals open up at night to feed.

ms3

so its still candy cain then. well the light has been on for over and hr now and then tentical havent gone back in yet not sure if that makes a diffrence.
yea i think your right the fedex dose do horrable at shipping life things. i knew i should have got that multi rock that came in the same shippment. it had 7 diffrent kinds of zoos and polyps on it and as about the size of shoe. well i dont need nor want this coral anybody want it? i take small trade of almost anything

stanlalee

can you take a pic of exactly which piece (s) of candy cane you dont want? Is it the little piece of the larger colony you dont want? I actually like that variation of candy cane. those arent in the best condition but they are in good restorable condition.

spanko

Don't know why you would not want it. When it comes back it will be a beautiful piece. And you will be able to frag and sell some pieces when it does.

ms3

it is actully comeing around fast i would say about this time next week they should be great. the reason i have no intrest in them is i already had some very very nice peaces prior to getting these peaces. ok keep in mind i only have a 29 gal. i think in a total of 40 heads of candy cain is a bit much i rather have a little of bunch of corals then then a bunch of just one. and had this been the frog spwan that i was told it was 34 heads of that is a bit much as well. and would have fraged and sold all but 5 heads of it as well. you see i pick this peace up for only 35 bucks. thats why i though i had a great deal