Any 1 From Kentucky

ford81502

Just Wondering If Theres Anybody From The Ky.
What Part Are U From
What Lfs Do You Shop
Maybe Some Future Trading I Am Still Cycling
Thanks

nu2salt

Originally Posted by FORD81502
Just Wondering If Theres Anybody From The Ky.
What Part Are U From
What Lfs Do You Shop
Maybe Some Future Trading I Am Still Cycling
Thanks
hey ford... ive been meaning to start a thread like this too
where r u at ? im in nicholasville about 14 miles south of lexington not alot far as lfs

nu2salt

do you have aol or msn messenger?
i heard that there r a couple of really good stores in louie. be trying to get down there

nu2salt

Im In Louisville A Couple Of Good Stores I Know Of
hey ford... your name needs to be in a junkyard somewhere!!! lol
need a chevy or perferrably(sp) a dodge

dutch06

Aquatica is by far the best. Great selection of zoo's and sps. Fair prices and will "hook" you up from time to time if you become a regular customer. Great for corals. Not so good for fish. One annoying thing is they don't have prices on anything, so you have to ask how much everything cost. That just bothers me.
Sandy's is excellent when it comes to product/tank knowledge. I trust everything they say, and this site pretty much backs it up 99% of the time. Very overpriced though. Very limited selection on corals and what they do have is very pricey. Great selection of fish. But once again, very pricey.
East End Aquatics. Don't even bother.
Exotic Pets (or whatever their going by this week). Don't even bother.
Corals = Aquatica
Fish = Sandy's
Knowledge = Sandy's
Best Bang for a Buck = Aquatica (by far)
Best Waste of Time = Tie between East End Aquatics and Exotic Pets.

ford81502

I Agree With You The East End Store Has More Empty Tanks On Display Then I Have In My Garage. Sandy's Has A Nice Set Up I Like Aquatica I Think They Will Be My Place To Shop. And By The Way Nu2salt I Drive A Honda And A Toyota Ha Ha

450rguy

Hello guys, another fellow Kentuckian here! I live in southern Ky, just south of Danville. Not a big selection of SW around here, so setting up my SW 55 has been a little harder than I first thought. The Internet has been a great resource since I don't know anyone else with a SW tank.
There are only two LFS in Danville, and one is dedicated more to birds, reptiles, cats, and dogs. They have a small, small selection of SW.
On the other hand, Tanked is a nice little shop with a good variety of SW for its size. They sell LR, corals, fish, verts, and some microalgae. I absolutely love looking at the coral tank here, but hate looking at the prices, thinking of what everything in that tank would cost!
At Tanked, I always deal with the owner of the shop, as he is somewhat of a reef guru himself. I've never paid sticker price for anything I've bought so I'm somewhat dedicated to using this shop for future purchases. I'm very pleased with their service and knowledge.
BTW, are there any good LFS in Lexington? I've been to PetSmart, but wasn't impressed. I prefer the smaller shops where the owner is around for cutting deals and answering questions over the large chain stores.

nu2salt

450... tanked is a great shop he is a little high on the corals but he will cut u a good deal on lr if you buy from him all the time. as for lexington don't bother. the two incredipets r really the only ones that sell sw and the employees r hs kids that don't know their

[hr]
from their elbow they will not cut u a deal even if you spend a a crapload of money.their coral selection is pityful and overpriced. and the manager is a real b----. her and i had it out over a problem that i had and i was told not to come back to either store
if you don'y mind the drive look at this thread and look for the ones that were in louisville not been there yet but plan on it soon
this is just my oppion

450rguy

Thanks for the advice nu2salt. I was planning a trip to Lex to "browse" around any LFS I could find. You just saved me the trip!
Yes, I really like Tanked. Every sticker price in the shop is on the high side, but after dealing with 1 of the owners (after looking around for a half hour waiting for him to get back to the shop) I usually get the items I want for comparable prices to online stores when shipping is figured. It seems the more you buy, the more discount you get! (Hmmm, wonder if he would load it in the truck until it's all free?)
I guess I'll have to come up with a reason to go to L'ville now.

nu2salt

Originally Posted by 450rGuy
Thanks for the advice nu2salt. I was planning a trip to Lex to "browse" around any LFS I could find. You just saved me the trip!
Yes, I really like Tanked. Every sticker price in the shop is on the high side, but after dealing with 1 of the owners (after looking around for a half hour waiting for him to get back to the shop) I usually get the items I want for comparable prices to online stores when shipping is figured. It seems the more you buy, the more discount you get! (Hmmm, wonder if he would load it in the truck until it's all free?)
I guess I'll have to come up with a reason to go to L'ville now.
yeah he is cool all you really gotta do is stand there and talk to him for about 15 or 20 min and he'll start cutting prices that's were i bought most of my lr for like 4.25 a lb bets the hell outta 9 a lb in lex. no matter how much you buy
his stock was low when i was down there but it was before all the holidays so maybe know it's back up know i will have to go check it out but since i just spent 500 on 3 tanks and have to drive 10 hrs to get them my wife probably won't le me go near a store for awhile....lol

say

Originally Posted by Dutch06
Corals = Aquatica
Fish = Sandy's
Knowledge = Sandy's
Best Bang for a Buck = Aquatica (by far)
Best Waste of Time = Tie between East End Aquatics and Exotic Pets.

Where is Sandy's located??? Never heard of it and... ummm where is aquatica.... I can't remember. Been about 6 months since I have ventured the louisville stores.
Ohhh... by the way... I'm Kay from from Barbourville, KY... I usually go out of state to shop. The Aquarium off of papermill dr in Knoxville, TN
Hey while i'm posting... does anyone have any frags they want to part with?

B

big fish

Hey everyone I am from Owensboro and if your ever up this way stop be Creative Aquatics it is one of the best stores that i have ever been in.

say

Sandys Is Off Popular Level Road.right Next To Mac Donalds. Aquatic Is In The Bluegrass Parkway...

what is the one that is in louisville that you go off parkway then go about 1 mile then turn right onto another sideroad and then it's on the right about 1/4 of a mile. it's in a little small strip mall and it's like the end shop and you have to walk up a hill or steps from the parking lot to get inside? Is that the aquatic?

fish man

Hey nu2salt I am about 40 minutes away from you I think. I live in Maysville Kentucky. Do you know where that is?