Any body have pic's of their Yellow Watchman Goby's?

ffmike

I have a Question about mine.
Sometimes it will turn very pale almost white.
I have had him for a coupple months now and only seen it twice.
Also the last time i noticed it was a coupple min. before the lights came on and when they did he slowly got his color back starting with his fins then body.
is this normal???

theappe

I think most fish lose color at night time and then regain it. <i think> its normal. Ive seeen many fish do this. Might be wrong.

teen

Originally Posted by theappe
I think most fish lose color at night time and then regain it. <i think> its normal. Ive seeen many fish do this. Might be wrong.

youre right. most fish do turn/ change colors at night. im pretty sure its so they dont attract predators while there not on alert.

R

reefermadn

Originally Posted by Pat713
Reefer, I hope that anomone don't sting your YWGs... They are getting alittle close there.
Naw, While they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer they do stay away from it. They are named "Stupid" & "Silly". It's a long story but if you heard it you would agree the name fits.

nygel

here's my new one, i went into the store looking for some new rocks and some more snails... then i saw him, and i usually dont see them around here, so i took the opportunity. Is it worth getting a shrimp with him?

bbb

Originally Posted by nYgel
Is it worth getting a shrimp with him?
I think so. It's fun watching the shrimp push sand out of the hole digging out the cave while the goby hovers in the water right beside it.