Any bristle worm experts?

mossad327

The last four or five nights after nights out, there's a gang of bristle worms on the left panel of my aquarium that likes to climb halfway up and stay on the glass all night long. They just climb and stay in the exact spot all night long. This side of the tank has no different growth (algae, cyano, etc) of the other parts of the tank. What gives? Right now I count eight. I'm afraid they're plotting to kill me one of these nights so any info would be appreciated.

mossad327

But why would they climb up on the glass and stay there all night and only in the last few nights? Just curious if this has happened to anybody else because for the year that I've had my tank, I've only seen them on the sand and on rocks.

lesleybird

Yes, they probably are there plotting to kill you.....Do you usually feed the fish on that end of the tank? Maybe the current deposits more food there, or maybe there is a little more light at night there? I only see my brissle worms at night with a flash light. I love to look at the tank in the dark with a flash light! Lesley

bang guy

There are quite a few species of Polychaete that eat Diatoms. Is there any chance they are cleaning the glass for you?

mossad327

That's what I'm leaning towards because the tank's getting kind of dirty. I bought some razor blades last night and will be doing a little cleaning today. We'll see if they're still there after I clean the glass.