Any low light coral that my clown will like

azrile

Tank is below. I have 160watts (all different types of bulbs up to 15k).
For my next purchase, I would like to get a coral for my clownfish.
I am not going to get an anenome ( I hate killing stuff), but think I can handle a coral if it is hearty enough. I have read that clownfish will adopt a coral. The clown is a tank-raised Ocellaris( I think, may be perc)
Feel free to talk me out of it if you think my lighting isn't enough and I will kill any coral. I'm going to wait til my nitrates are 0 to get the coral.

pstanley

I wouldn't recommend using coral as a host for a clownfish. Every experience I have had ended badly :-( The clownfish usually harasses the coral until the coral closed and refused to open until it died. I am sure there are exceptions though.

ags

I have heard of clowns adopting other corals as homes but mine has not. I have appx. 7 different types of corals and my clown stays out of them for the most part. As for corals I think you have enought light for soft corals. I only have about 30watts more than you and have had no trouble with mine. See my list below.

bang guy

My Tank Raised True Perculas LOVE their Green Frilly Mushroom. I highly recommend them. They are definately low light if they are fed well and the Clowns are always stuffing it full of food.

jonthefb

my tank raised ocellaris nustles up to a zooanthid colony. These require low light and you cna get some really cool colors in them, mine have brown trim, green middle, and purple centers with white dots peppered throughout! really cool!
jon