Any reefers in AZ???

lurch694u

I just wanted to know if there is any saltwater hobbyist in Arizona??
Oh ya Opazen if your still out there I want to trade frags again.
I lost your email.

dalley

FYI ... I live in Ahwatukee, a new LFS just opened up on Ray Rd. & 48th St. and they just do saltwater stuff. Real nice store, check it out if you get a chance...

tapalotapus

I am, but I'm new to the salt water stuff. I have a 400gal and a 250 gal I'm getting ready to set up.
Currently I have a 100 and a 135 set up. I also have 4 other tanks. All six of these are for sale to get money for the two up top.
I'm in Litchfield Park where are you guys?

nudibranch

Hey AZ! My name is Brian. I've been in the Aquarium hobby for ~15 years but I've only been in marine for 4 of those and reef for 2. I used to work at a LFS in N Phx. I'm not currently a "practicing" hobbyist but I plan to become more involved in the message board to stay up to date until I get the $$$ to get back into it agian. I'm in Scottsdale. I hope to hear from you soon.
~Brian

stevebk

I'm in Tucson, but grew up in Phx. area. Spongebob- check out Aquatouch up on Catus and 32nd if you ever get up there. It's a drive, especially from Tucson, but I like a lot of their stuff, and they are well priced in my opinion. Aquarium Arts is cool too, they just seem to be geared more for large tanks, and I'm running a nano reef right now. Has anyone checked out that huge place out on the beeline highway, the Ocean Floor I think it's called? I went like 5 years ago when they opened, but haven't been in since.
Local reefers- anybody interested in some star polyp frags? Also, I'll be fragging a branching hammer and some xenia pretty soon. Trades?

nudibranch

Oh thats right, now I know what your talking about. Now I'm trying to think of what the place next to ASU is called. It's right off of University just east of ASU. Maybe its Ocean View...hmm I'll have to find out. Thnx.

stevebk

Ocean View went out of business a while back. I drove by and it was empty. Sorry to break it to you, I know we all like having as many LFS as possible. :) Nobody interested in frag trading, huh?

nudibranch

Really Ocean View went out of business? Is that the one by ASU that I was thinking of? I've only ever purchased my stuff from AquaTouch so I haven't kept up on the others. I'm kicking around the idea of getting back into reef hobby w/ a 10g nano Any recommendations for an LFS w/ good prices on equipment?

stevebk

Yeah, Ocean View was by ASU, over on University and McClintock. Their fish were kinda questionable in my experience, but I liked their LR and coral selection. And they had some INSANE sales sometimes. Oh well...

nudibranch

I went there twice....once looking fora job and another time seeing what they had. Both times I didn't feel like I was being taken very seriously cuz I was young (turning 21 in July). I remember having similar opinions on theirfish and coral. never got around for their sales. *shrug* oh well.

breakn

steve i live in tucson and just started a tank might be interested in something post if interested

stevebk

Sorry Breakn, but I just moved to Phx after graduating from UofA. Everything moved so well, I should have kept all the stuff I was growing, but I traded it in before I left. So all my frags are gone for now, but I've got green star polyps, silvertip xenia, finger leathers and orange zooanthids that will be ready eventually if anyone's interested. I'd recommend this new store called FishSoap in Tucson if you want good deals now on coral, look online for their location. Good luck with your tank.
Steve