any reefers in washington?

natep206

i live in seattle and would love to trade locally with some people.
tell me what part of washington do u live in
what lfs u go to
and what u have for trade
thanks
nate

peonleon2

i live in bothell. got nothing to frag out but am also interested in looking at stuff locally
i usually go to dennys pet world in totem lake kirkland. they have a ok selection and a few of the guys there help me out with alot of stuff. i have recently been going to blue sierra just off fron street in issiqua, they have a great large selection. fair prices as well. the last place i know of i dont like too much is in bellevue off northrup called saltwater city. and they are decent place but never really liked it.
Where do you usually go? got anything to sell?

natep206

nothin for sale. just wanting to trade and buy...
i go to The Fish Store cause its right down the street from my house. its by greenlake on rossevelt ave. i got my tank started at dennys. just eqquiptment. they gave me alot of bad info so i only buy dry goods there...
anyone else in WA?
nate

natep206

hey. have u noticed that no one else has said hella on here. i heard that hella was a washington word. like my friend went to lousiana and said hella and no one knew what he was talking about. isk just sayin. but thanks ill check it out.
nate

alison

Hi, I live in Mill creek and just starting up again. Doing tons of research
on what to get and all. For sure on a 120 gal. acrylic tall reef tank. Just trying to find a deal on craigslist. No ones got that tall one I want. I may just have to go to blue sierra to buy the tank, stand, and canopy and then buy the guts so to speak from craigs people.
Thanks,
Alison

peonleon2

you could also looking in spokane or other parts of the state. If you want to travel with it. If you got the cash order one, expensive i know. or just wait and see what comes up
glad to see others so close I live in bothell really close to 405.

mattmc

Have you tried 'extreme marine' in olympia? They have a lot of stuff and know quite a bit. I live about 10 miles south of Chehalis Wa. I have a 200 gal. and a 46 gal. saltwater tanks. I'v been doing this for a few years now and know a fair? amount myself. You might say I'm a true reefer. I was doing alot of fragging and selling to stores down here but the my wife past away so I stopped for a while. It's a lot of fun just watching those little frags grow. The phone # to extreme marine is 360 956-7009 Just tell them Matt Miller told you about them. Even if you just need some advice they are pretty good about it.

alison

Thanks Matt,
I'll give them a call. I went to Blue Sierra and they have great prices especially on the 4th and 5th for the anniversary sale but a setup will still set
me back like 3500k, when I can get one used for like 1k with live stuff. It's just hard to get the right tank. I may just spend the 2k and get the tank setup then spend like 500$ and get the setup stuff on craigs. I just have to keep that overall 48" length but want the biggest possible without going so high I cannot get my arm in there to clean, so that leaves the 120 gal. which is a good size. I had a 30 gal reef for 3 years then moved up to a 55gal reef and a 100gal fish only salt and the 55gal I fragged out a lot of stuff but then had to sell everything due to family problems, and leaving no time. But now everything is great and back to normal and now I'm married and very happy and ready to start up again. So this time I want to get it big enough, but not too big that water changes and whatnot are a MAJOR chore.
Thanks again,
Ali

mattmc

Another place you might want to try if your ever in Oregon (down by Portland) is Upscales salt water fish. The corals they have are very remarkable! It's well worth the drive even if you just want to look and not buy anything. Every time I go I tell myself I'm not going to buy anything, but... well, you know how that is. By the way, the bigger the tank you have the easier it is to take care of. - Matt

alison

Thanks Matt,
I called that place south by you and they are gettting me back a quote tomarrow. I figure I'll go on down one of these weekends. I wish there was a place that sold just used setups. Wouldn't that be nice! I'm just looking every day on craigs hoping someone will have that 120 tall acrylic 48" long tank setup I'm looking for in oak. I'm willing to drive the distance like even sanfransisco or idaho even. If it means saving 2k it's worth it. I just fell in love with that size. It's just everything I ever wanted but not too much. I just cannot wait. I feel like I'm a kid waiting for christmas or something. I just want to get it soon so it can just cycle for 3+ months. I won't buy any fish or coral though for 6 +months until it's perfect except a few damsels. Luckily craigs list in my area is awesome and there are tons of people who are selling reef stuff and corals. You should look since your setup as there is a ROSE anemone on there for like 40 or 60$ that looks awesome. I think it's under seattle.
Thanks for all your help,
Alison

mattmc

That place in Olympia is nice but kind of spendy. I've never heard of craigs list, maybe I will try them. A nother place you might want to try, again in oregon somewhere around Portland is 'Seahorse.com' I've been there a few times. It's kind of hard to find though. I really don't like the way they take care of there corals but some times they really have some killer deals on all kinds of used stuff. I used to have there phone number but I lost it. Why not give them a call and see if they have what your looking for? They even sell already cycled water! I don't think I would trust it though. You can get directions off of mapquest. I like seeing people get so exited about saltwater stuff. Yep, it is just like Christmas. Grab your husband and take a run down there, I think you will like it. I'm not very good at useing the computer and surfing the web. every time I look for someones reply I have to go into my history to find it. If I can help out anymore you can also e-mail me at 'mylittlehoe@localaccess.com'
Good luck,
Matt

alison

Thanks Matt,
Ya we are VERY excited but don't want to spend much more than 1K getting into it. But we're holding out for that 120 gal tall acrylic setup on craigslist.org.
Thanks,
Ali

rsd

I have way too much xenia... current params are: PH 8.0, Calc. 450, temp: 79, carb hard. 8, salinity 1.025, all under compacts.
I shop at:
Blue Sierra in Issaquah,
Selectively (and quarantine) fish gallery and pets in Kent and Renton
Midway Pets (selectively)
Salwater City (over priced... but some hard to find blennies
The Fish Store (very over priced... but some cool stuff)
Soft corals at this place in tacoma off 6th ave.
And... Drum roll...
Shark Reef in the bremerton area. They order direct from the med. His stock fluctuates monthly and gets thin just before the next order... but dang... is it worth being there when the shipments arrive. I picked up my huge coco-worm for 1/3 of seattle prices.
I also hear there will be a new store opening up in the factoria area.
Good times. Good luck.
If you want some Xenia let me know.

jalurao

Just wanted to chime in that I'm from Washington too. I live on McChord AFB. I haven't done much since we moved here last December, but now I'm ready to get some more stuff for my tank. I went to the one store they have here in Lakewood and remember seeing some ich on their fish. I'm going to go check them out again and see what their quality looks like now.
Anyone know a good place for LR? I only have about 10lb in my 29 gallon and want to get a bunch more but don't have a ton to spend.