any tangs for a 55g

ophiura

Personally, IMO you definitely have issues with this tank, and a tang should not be added for at least several months AFTER these issues pass.
I would prefer to see tangs going in a tank no sooner than 6 months after it is set up...I also think that way with angels...and ideally it would be a year. Why rush things.

puffer9006

i figured i was going to wait intill this thing with my tank passes. it would probly by another couple of months before i try to get one.
with supalupa haveing achilies in his 55g do you think i could try that a baby one. i would also wait awhile my tank would at for aleast a year if not more.

puffer9006

what about a purple tang or a yellow eye tang. i like them both and they seem to be a better choice then the achilies

alyssia

A purple tang needs a tank size of 125. They are more terretorial and aggressive than yellows.

vanos

I used to have a yellow in my 55g but I now have a blue hippo tang in my 55g. All is swell but my Niger chases him around sometimes.

1sickhb

i feel bad for the yellow tangs everybodys pics them to put in a small tank. you can put any tang you want in your 55 it you tank but it will not be a good idea. try getting a small one and when it gets older move it to a bigger tank.but stop picking on the yellow tangs

alyssia

Originally Posted by ophiura
Yellow Eye = Kole tang. That would be a decent choice, IMO.

I have read on here quite a few times that koles are the only decent choice for a 55.

B

barkdog

I didnt read every post, but I would say that a convict tang might be the best sized tang for a 55, but I agree with the tang police... tangs all get pretty big, including the yellow, and like to swim. If you ever see a full grown tang (which I've only seen in the wild), it becomes pretty clear that a 55 cant really be considered a good environment for one.

puffer9006

ya the yellow eye is what they called it on another site and it looks different to.but thier latin names are the same so its just maybe from a different area.
now i just have to find one i havent seen one at eather lfs i go to but can order at my lfs. but dont worry my tank is going to be in perfect condition when i put him in.
thanks for everybody helping me
if anybody has a picture of thier kole tangs can you let me see