Anybody Else See Jake Browns Fall???

ruaround

Originally Posted by rbaldino
I should point out that a lot of you sound like you think it's okay if a skater gets killed.
please do... i do believe i havent said that its okay... i have said the show must go on... and have also said that if someone fails a trick and gets injured it is no reason for them to recieve the top award...

rbaldino

Originally Posted by ruaround
i am a race fan and dont expect it or accept it...
So if you don't expect it, are you surprised when it happens? And if you don't accept it, why are you a fan? Maybe you should boycott racing until they make it much, much safer.

rbaldino

please do... i do believe i havent said that its okay...
If somebody dies "the show must go on" etc. Sounds to me like maybe you do.

ruaround

Originally Posted by rbaldino
If somebody dies "the show must go on" etc. Sounds to me like maybe you do.
i never said that... i do believe it was huskr that said that... i did say that the show must go on but that was to you saying that Burnquist should have forgoed his final turn... AFTER Brown got up and walked away...
i dont watch racing in hopes and expectation that a driver will die... when someone does it is a tragedy... but every single driver knows the risk they take and every single driver would NOT want the sport to end if they were to parish while doing what they love...

rbaldino

please do... i do believe i havent said that its okay... i have said the show must go on... and have also said that if someone fails a trick and gets injured it is no reason for them to recieve the top award...
You said it.

rbaldino

i never said that... i do believe it was huskr that said that... i did say that the show must go on but that was to you saying that Burnquist should have forgoed his final turn... AFTER Brown got up and walked away...
i dont watch racing in hopes and expectation that a driver will die... when someone does it is a tragedy... but every single driver knows the risk they take and every single driver would NOT want the sport to end if they were to parish while doing what they love...
Expecting and hoping are two different things. I expect to die one day, but I certainly don't hope to.
All I mean is that you know that it could happen. And even knowing that, you continue to be a fan. You accept that someone may die, even your favorite driver, and don't let that stop you from enjoying the sport.

mr.bled

alright im gonna put my two cents in this one.
I belive that the show must go on, athletes do not train for hours on end just to stop their event or games every time someone gets hurt. hell, if it were like that when I was in football they will call games left and right.
when Jake went down everyone was in dead silence, waiting and hoping for the best and miraculously he got up and walked away. so would they stop the event now, knowing that he was okay? NO! it's a EXTREME SPORT for a reason, they know what they are getting into.
In big air they do not only judge the trick but also the air "BIG AIR" which Burnquist obviously had.
so in conclusion a major event should not be called for injury or death. cancellation do to death should only apply in the high school level.
also if I was the one injured, I would want them to go on. I would not want to win just cause I got hurt knowing there are others yet to finish.

mr.bled

ohh and did anyone catch rally x? god what a ending. I have followed all top four drivers and I have mad respect for them. although I was pulling for tanner just cause crissy is hot!!