anybody from NE Pa?

jeff s

I live in Kingston, just starting my tank so I do not have any frag's, however, I plan to add corals in a couple months and would trade them after that.

jeff s

I have a 65 gallon tank that was set up in December. I bought my equipment from The Fish Place in Lancaster, and I have been buying livestock from Ron's Saltwater Heaven outside of Williamsport. Ron's seems to have a real nice selection of fish and corals. It is a bit pricy but nice. How about yourself?

fshhub

berwick,
we og to ron's alot too, and blue waters(hazelton) from time to time, can't say we would want ot trade frags, since we are getting ready to start adding corals soon, but have not yet, we do have a few that came on the rock, but they are miniscule yet, so it will be a while

yello tang

I have been to blue waters in hazelton but i have not been to Rons i might be going to too fishy in allentown next week i also order all my dry good from that pet place keep me posted on if u want to trade some frags oneday i have finger leathers and cabbage leather right now

jimi

I am from Nanticoke and buy most of my fish from Ron's. There are no good lfs in the area. Too Fishy in Allentown was not worth the trip last time I was there. Anymore I go to Williamsport and make three stops. Ron's , Animal Specialties, and a pet shop(forget the name)right off the Montoursville exit across from Wal-Mart. Between the three you can always find some nice healthy corals and they are only about 5 miles apart. I must say lately Ron's has been very disappionting as far as corals go. Hardly any healthy ones. I dont know if it is the help or jsut got into the shipping part too much.

chucky

I'm from yatesville did you ever try pet zone in pittston small store has a few nice pieces.the name of that store in montoursville is pets and you will be going by there tommorow .There is a place in stroudsburg called tropical marine but they are going to be moving pretty soon so the selection was not that good hopefully soon they will have it up and running.
Chuck

jimi

Yes I have been to the pet zone in Pittston I did not care for it too much, though I have not been in there in a year or so.Your right thats the name, Pets and you, they have a decent selection now. I picked up another leather from them about two weeks ago. The tanks in the front of the store are nicer then the fish room tanks for selection. I also got a nice colt from Animal Specialties off the Basin St exit.

chucky

About a mile up the road was there on saturday for a few frags to get my tank started.I was at the pet zone on friday brought down some colt coral that is overgrowing in my tank.
Chuck

fshhub

HEY JIMI
was it:
pets n you?????, in montousrville?
soemone else tod me to check them out on my way ot ron's next time
i think it was karl trax or something(kartrax, i forget exactly), he was on this board a week or 2 ago, he's from muncy
:D :D

jimi

Fshhub, yes it is Pets n You it is right off the exit across from Wal-Mart. They have some nice corals usually in the tanks in the front of the store.

jim672

I'm more in southeastern Pa. but go to Too Fishy all the time. Was just there Saturday. I've had great luck finding things there and if he doesn't have what you want , he'll order it for you. His prices are a little high but he often runs specials that make things
a little more affordable.
Jim

reefdweler

Hey guy's I am new to reef tanks live in NE PA (Edwardsville). I finanly found some folks from my neck of the woods. I have a 35 hex that holds 45 gals with a filter (ceramic bio-balls, and carbon bag), and one powerhead. No LS or LR at the moment. any sugestions on what to do next? It already has water in it with a 1.025 salinaty.

zooqi

Hello, welcome to the reefing hobby. Please check North Central Pennsylvania Reef Aquarium Society ncpars.org for other members in your area. You can also check reefnest.com . you might want to replace bioballs with LS and LR if you want to start a reef tank. You can have Fowler (just fish tank) with not alot of bio. The only thing is with Hex is that if you decide to have corals you will need pendant light because most of the other types of lights might not work well even if I have made PC lights work on a hex in the past but it did not look that nice. You can always email me for any help too..
reefnest@reefnest.com

reefdweler

Thanks for the info. During my checking around I did come to find out that I would have to go with a pendant, but I was worried about it getting to hot and boiling the tank. I do intend to add some corals at some point. I am picking up my sand 2-morrow (caribsea special grade aragalive). About 20 lb's to start with and a piece of rock from the lfs. Anyone have any sugestions or comment on this?