Anybody need a refugium?

team2jndd

I was building my friend a 10g refugium but he decided he doesnt have room for it in his stand. I will sell it for 65+ shipping. Its made from a 10g tank with 4 baffles. The first compartment is 3 inches wide which you can fill with live rock or bio balls (bio balls will be included.) The second compartment is 11 inches wide which is where you put the sand/chaeto (not included). The final compartment is 4 inches wide. (return pump) Between the first and second compartment is a one inch gap as well as between the 2cnd and third. This is not a drilled tank so the pump will have to sit in the third compartment. The dimensions are 20lx10wx12h. You can reply to this thread or email me at screamin_reefers@yahoo.com I have not looked into shipping charges yet but it is not very heavy so I would assume 15-20 would cover shipping to most places.

drew2005

Originally Posted by team2jndd
I was building my friend a 10g refugium but he decided he doesnt have room for it in his stand. I will sell it for 65+ shipping. Its made from a 10g tank with 4 baffles. The first compartment is 3 inches wide which you can fill with live rock or bio balls (bio balls will be included.) The second compartment is 11 inches wide which is where you put the sand/chaeto (not included). The final compartment is 4 inches wide. (return pump) Between the first and second compartment is a one inch gap as well as between the 2cnd and third. This is not a drilled tank so the pump will have to sit in the third compartment. The dimensions are 20lx10wx12h. You can reply to this thread or email me at screamin_reefers@yahoo.com I have not looked into shipping charges yet but it is not very heavy so I would assume 15-20 would cover shipping to most places.
Do you have any pics? I think this might fit in my stand. Could i totally replace my wet/dry and use this by itself? Will this be sufficient size for a 46 gallon? If you wanna send the pics to me heres my email camer25@aol.com

team2jndd

The tank is 12 inches wide so as long as you can fit that in your stand you will be fine. I know 38g tanks are 12 inches wide so It depends on how wide your tank/stand is. I will get pictures hopefully by tomorow night.

team2jndd

And yes it will be sufficient for a 46g tank I use one on my 55. A company named Ecosystem makes one that I believe is even smaller that they recomend for up to 125g But I would not use this on anything larger than 75g unless you have a sump as well.

gbfan41649

yes I'm interested. I'm just sitting up a 55g. hpw will the water flow into the tank since mine is not drilled either?
What other kind of filters or pumps will I need for my tank?

team2jndd

sorry it is 10 wide its 12 tall. my fault. To run water into the tank you will have to set up a submersible pump (I prefer magdrives) Then run pvc from the pump to your tank.

team2jndd

The price depends on the size in gallons per hour. If you purchase them off the famous auction site you can get a mag drive 950 gallon per hour pump for somewhere between 60-70 new. Used will obviously be cheaper. A mag drive 700 will be I believe between 40-50 new but I am not positive about that so you might have to check. You place the pump in the refugium in the third compartment. You pour a bag of sand in the middle compartment and some chaetomorph or caulurpa. Then you buy a small power compact. Also sold on the auction site for under 20$. Once everything is connected you just plug in the pump and you are done. However if your tank is not drilled you will need an overflow box.

drew2005

sorry it is 10 wide its 12 tall. my fault. To run water into the tank you will have to set up a submersible pump (I prefer magdrives) Then run pvc from the pump to your tank.
I think we got a deal. Send me some pics and if your not to far from me ill pick it up. One last question. I have an over flow box. My tank is not drilled. I have a hose running into my wet/dry. Could i still use that or do i need something better? My return is a Mag 5. Sorry to ask so many questions.

team2jndd

I take paypal and you can run the hose into the refugium just make sure it will be long enough. I am trying to find pictures online now of a similar design. I do take paypal.

team2jndd

That is the only pump you will need. As for powerheads, you may want some in your main tank. And a skimmer is always recommended for reef tanks. I suggest the coralife skimmer.

drew2005

NY 10541. I found a diagram that was close so i edited it lol. Excuse my art skills.
Only an hour and a half away from me. Not too bad. Im available tomm if you wanna meet halfway or somethin.

drew2005

how do i post pictures?
picture cant be larger than 500x500 pixels. You have to add an attachment.