Anybody want some chaeto?

satiger

Thanks a lot Amanda, I got the chaeto today. :jumping: I think I owe you a few bucks though. The postage was like $5+ and I'm pretty sure I only gave you like $4.

amandal

KingSpade and Infern0,
I actually really pulled out a ton, so the fuge will be sparse for a little while. I think we'll have to do it again in a month or two, which will put us past the cold weather danger. If you send me an email to Hodge712@yahoo.com, I'll let you know as soon as I'm ready to pull a bunch out again. I've already got 2 others on the list for next time.

amandal

Originally Posted by SAtiger
Thanks a lot Amanda, I got the chaeto today. :jumping: I think I owe you a few bucks though. The postage was like $5+ and I'm pretty sure I only gave you like $4.

Lol... that was my fault for underestimating the postage. I checked the USPS website and thought that the flat rate boxes were $4.05, but it turns out that the envelopes are $4.05 and the boxes are $8.10 and bigger than what I needed. I found my own smaller boxes and priced by weight, they all ended up in the $5 range. It was my fault, and not a ton of money, so I'm not worried about the difference. If anybody wants to send me the dollar & change tho, I won't turn it down.
I'm glad it arrived alright. :joy:

amandal

{EDIT} (Chaetomorpha linum)
Some people do put it in the main display. In that case, you'll just have to keep up with pulling it out frequently. In a fuge, you can let it grow to fill the whole space, maximizing the contact with the water and the nutrient export.
Edit: There are no stupid questions. I bought it for the fuge before I knew what it was called. Lol... I had to post a picture of it to find out the name.

amandal

It grows really quickly, depending on lighting. I say pull because of the way it grows. You just kinda rip handfulls off of the big tangled mass of it.

satiger

I sent another $1.50 because I felt bad. The chaeto is looking good and my refugium is full of happy little bugs now. Only a matter of time before my fish catch on

sunburnt

Amanda-
I got the chaeto this afternoon- Nice size bundle and very green. :cheer:
Thanks again. Rest assured, when it starts choking up my future fuge, I'll pay it forward too.
Take care!
Darla

T

the_fish

this might be a stupid question but could i put this straight into my display tank.

robpsca

Hey Amanda!
We recieved our Chaeto today! intact and healthy and Green!!
thanks so much.
LOL its nice to have some Green in the tank