Anyone from Texas?

joe123

just seeing if there are any others in the East Texas area with any corals for trade or anything at all.... not very good lfs in my area

milomlo

Well I live in Texas, but don't have anything to trade. Where abouts in East Texas are you? I'm in Houston.

joe123

I Have A Small Tonga Branch Peice With Polyps Will Have Green Flour. Shrooms Soon.
And You!!! Do You Live Near Ridge Mar Mall? Cause There Is A Lfs By There I Like To Go To....

txstatecat

I am in san marcos, btwn austin and san antonio; if ur ever in the austin area; i suggest austin aquadome, a really good lfs.

blue20051

im not near there but i do go out there once in a while. There is an LFS called fish place. Is that the one you are talking about?

joe123

Yea That S It. Nice Reef And Plenty To Choose From. It Is Waaaayyyy Better Than Here In Tyler. Petland And You Have To Wait In Line When The Fish Get Arrive And Corals Gone Asap. Any Others (lfs) Near That One In Ft.worth?

blue20051

There is one in arlington called tranquil scape. Fish place is not big, i have seen others that are bigger and have more to choose from. Saltwater paradise in irving is a good place too!!!
How big is aqua dome?

twindragon

Hi guys, it's good to know that there are some traders in Texas. I have been to Saltwater Paradise many times and they do have many selections, but the prices there and pretty much anywhere else is a killer. I'm in Euless and there's a pet place in Hurst called Pet-O-Roma. It's a hugh store and have good selections of corals. I'm kind of new to the coral scene and if any of you guys have too much of something and need to get rid of it, pls. let me know. I'll be glad to take anything.

imaburch

Hey everyone Waco here, and my I say that the 2 LFS do not have much, and they are very expensive. So if anyone has extra polyps to sell or corral please let me know. I am new to the hobbie and want to add coral to my tank.

kdfrosty

I'm not in TX, but am right next door in NM. If anyone is interested in doing some thermos trades email me.
I have various shrooms, GSP, and zoos to trade.

blue20051

Originally Posted by KDFrosty
I'm not in TX, but am right next door in NM. If anyone is interested in doing some thermos trades email me.
I have various shrooms, GSP, and zoos to trade.
ygm

colorteck

Originally Posted by txstatecat
I am in san marcos, btwn austin and san antonio; if ur ever in the austin area; i suggest austin aquadome, a really good lfs.
Where is this place as I live in Round Rock and would love to go check them out.

style23

Originally Posted by milomlo
Well I live in Texas, but don't have anything to trade. Where abouts in East Texas are you? I'm in Houston.
any good LFS's in houston? i am relocating there within the next 6 months, and would like to know of a few good places, right now there is only 1, but im in a little town in Wisconsin...(i hate winter)

texasmetal

Originally Posted by twindragon
Hi guys, it's good to know that there are some traders in Texas. I have been to Saltwater Paradise many times and they do have many selections, but the prices there and pretty much anywhere else is a killer. I'm in Euless and there's a pet place in Hurst called Pet-O-Roma. It's a hugh store and have good selections of corals. I'm kind of new to the coral scene and if any of you guys have too much of something and need to get rid of it, pls. let me know. I'll be glad to take anything.
Here's a short list of some really great places within 45 minutes from Euless...
Fish Warehouse, on Carson off of Hwy-121
The Fish Gallery, on Mockingbird Ln. in Dallas
Dallas North Aquarium, on Trinity Mills in Carrolton. I got a Torch Coral and button polyps on a pretty big chunk of Live Rock for $5 each there.
Tranquil Scapes, off Hwy-360 and Abrams, about 10 minutes away from Euless and probably my favorite store so far. The staff is excellent, very talkative and helpful and willing to please their customers. They have a ton of corals, and they will sell you frags for really cheap. I got Purple Ricordia, Green Ricordia, and Green Star Polyps for $5 each.
Hope that helps.

texasmetal

I forgot to add... anyone on here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area should check out DFWMAS online. It is the local Marine Aquarium Society and they have monthly meetings so all of us DFW marine fanatics can socialize and swap frags and get helpful info from each other, and tour each others tanks, etc. There is a meeting at the Irving Bible Church on January 28th. It's actually a seminar called "Next Wave" where there will be a few experts giving discussions on certain elements of the hobby, food, fellowship, and all else that goes along with putting coral crazy people together in the same room. The only downer to that is it is $35 per person, but it does run from 9AM to 5PM with food included!
Marc, aka MELEV is the President of DFWMAS and is the best resource for aquarium keepers in Dallas/Fort Worth. His website rocks! www.melevsreef.com
Hope I'm not violating the message board rules, just trying to be as much help as I can to my fellow DFW hobbyists.