Anyone from the Chicago area

royalgamma

Just wanted to see how many of us there were on here. I live in the northern burbs. Always on the lookout for a new LFS if ya have a fav. let me know , so I can give it a shot.

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by stephish
oooh, when I lived up there (30 years worth) I loved to go to Beyond the Reef!
i dont like beyond the reef
coral paradise is my fave, in arlington heights
advanced aquatics can be a bit pricey with the fish and they are not as friendly
coral paradise has good prices and Jim, the owner, is awesome

payton 350

I love beyond the reef...i think their prices are fair and always friendly....i don't know about knowledgable because i don't ask them anything..

J

josebob

i'm on the western burbs. my fav. lfs trop-aquaics and scotts petshop. good prices and good live rock.

royalgamma

Exotic Aquatics---?
Advanced Aquatics---?
Beyond The Reef---?
Coral Paradise---arlington heights
If I may ask where are these places... thanks

gmidd

I'm located in Alsip (South Suburb) and the nearest one for me is Aquatica in Tinley Park. It's not to big and I'm very new to the hobby so I'm open to new stores if its not to far out of the way.

75bownut

Originally Posted by RoyalGamma
Exotic Aquatics---?
Advanced Aquatics---?
Beyond The Reef---?
Beyond The Reef is off Golf Rd. in Schamburg near the Mall. JUst do a driving directions on it , easy to find and One of my favorites :joy:

thegrog

Agree with Beyond the Reef. Very knowledgable staff as well. Wide selection and fair pricing. Great LR as well (lots of pink and purple coralline)

npage

Originally Posted by RoyalGamma
Exotic Aquatics---?
Advanced Aquatics---?
Beyond The Reef---?
Exotic Aquatics-- Algonquin on Randall Rd
Advanced Aquatics--Schaumburg on Roselle Rd between Wise and Nerge
Beyond The Reef--Schaumburg on Golf just west of Roselle Rd

joker3762

Ditto- Scotts pets shop is definately the best. Excellent assistance if needed. It is located in westchester

dmc888

I live near exotic A. but would not buy anything live there.
Always see sick and dead fish there and never had the fish last very long i bought from there. My friend said he seen their employee just toss a fish in the tank right out of the shipping box.
Beyond the reef has nice helpful employees. If you go there, aquarium adventure is connected in the same mini mall. Kinda expensive but a big fs to check out. Big tank selection.
I like sea escapes for tanks and stands cuz they are pretty cheap. In S. elgin.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by dmc888
I live near exotic A. but would not buy anything live there.
Always see sick and dead fish there and never had the fish last very long i bought from there. My friend said he seen their employee just toss a fish in the tank right out of the shipping box.
Beyond the reef has nice helpful employees. If you go there, aquarium adventure is connected in the same mini mall. Kinda expensive but a big fs to check out. Big tank selection.
I like sea escapes for tanks and stands cuz they are pretty cheap. In S. elgin.
thats the first time i herd sea escapes being cheap