Anyone have a coralife skimmer??

chipmaker

Well according to one of the posters in this thread it seems even the possibility of using a simple brick may inundate his thoughts and abilities......CSS are some great skimmers and probably have the best bang for the buck.........of any skimmer made. Unfortunaltely companies usually try and gear their products to folks that possess a bit of common sense and the ability to cypher out when they are whipped and need to call tech support instead of hobbling on their own..........Coralife has some fantastic folks that provide great tech support, as well as a great forum........and are especially easy to work with if yu happen to have a problem. Hey instead of pitching it out the window as you claim, push come to shove Coralife has been known to paa to have their products picked up by a shipper and then send a check to the person if they can not settle a problem to the customers satisfaction........A toll free phone call would have shed a ton of light on the problem , but then again one has to admit they do not know everything about everything and shooting from the hip is not always right.

sacfishguy

i run this skimmer (65 gal model) and the 220gal model and they have been nothing but a great skimmer for the money. it took a bout 2 min of adjusments and i haven't had to mess with it except to empty the cup. BorgataGal - hope you get it working its a great skimmer.
JMO

borgatagal

Only took one try of tinkering with the skimmer and green yuck started coming up in the cup. I guess I will have to just keep watching it tonight and see what happens.
Thanks again everyone for their quick response.

T

tampausmc

i just got a coralife 65 a few days ago.....no flooding, no excessive noise....works great.....the instructions are a bit vague.....but then again it just doesn't make sense to turn it up all the way when you first power it on anyway.....does it??
Great product so far though

saltysteve

I am by no means to the stretch of the Imagination an expert hear, but have nothing but good things to say abouat the operation of my coralife 65. The instructions however are worthless

borgatagal

My oh my... LMAO..... I am the famous BorgataGal, who started this regarding Coralife Skimmers.
I needed a good laugh tonight! I never thought my thread would become as it did. I am sort of embarassed for indviduals who need medication and feel the need to vent, I guess.
I want to thank everyone for their suport during my crisis with the skimmer.
Tonight I have a question regarding the box in the water. What can I do to prevent the water from overflowing, or is it supposed to do so?? I have it out of the water as someone stated. These instructions are terrible and very vague. Yes, I feel it is a good product, it is just getting it tinkered.
Any suggestions are appreciated, once again.

jonny bolt

Hi again. A good trick you may be able to use is adding another layer of the white filter padding inside the bottom of the bubble diffuser. This will make it so you can move the darker filter piece up so its around a 1/4" or so above the actual lip of the bubble diffuser. I did this, and it helps to catch some bubbles that may be overflowing. You will probably have a little overflow, as long as its not dumping tons of micro-bubbles into the tank it shouldnt be a prob.
You still need to allow the skimmer to "break in" for a day or 2.

thangbom

humm.. borgatagal?? thought it was borgatababe!!!..... hum.. anywhoo lont time since i been there..

borgatagal

Hi Bom---
Yes,, I am the official BorgataBabeGirl! My home away from home.

Thanks Bolt for the advice on the skimmer, Iwill try that tonight and let you know.

corpjet

I bought one when they first came out and yes it was a handful. It seems to be working fine now. I just wish if they knew they had some issues early they would of let us know what we needed to do to make them work properly.

darknes

Hi, I've read many good things about this skimmer, and plan to purchase one for my tank.
I just want to know how much space does the 65gallon model take between the tank and the wall. I already have my tank setup, and don't want to find out the skimmer is too big once I buy it.
Thanks. :happyfish

alyssia

Originally Posted by BorgataGal
Hi Bolt,,,
Is it 'normal' to have overflow with the box, even though it is out of the water an inch?

I have overflow also and it causes major salt creep.

borgatagal

I cut the hose about a half of an inch. I just didn't think I was supposed to have water coming out of the box, that is where I was confused. The skimmer is producing junk but I have tons of bubbles on top of the water. Should I turn down my power head during this time or keep it running?

jonny bolt

I cut a piece of pipe down so that it hangs down enough to be just below the water line in the overflow. I also angled mine...

I need to top off my tank today lol.
Did you do the "break-in" properly? I have a few bubbles that come over the top, but they quickly rise to the top and are no more. If you have alot of micro-bubbles though, then something is wrong with the way it is calibrated or the way it was broken-in.