anyone have cheato or culerpa excess?

saltn00b

you know its kinda funny, everytime you mention that you spent 15 bucks for a hobbyist to send you some cheato, someone pipes up and says "you PAYED for it?? cmon man i have TONS of that stuff to give away!!!"
where are those people when you need em? !

dwendler4

yeah tell me about it, i recently read a thread that described putting some in a soap dish hanging from the wall of your tank to harvest copepods, sounds great i want to try it... anyone?

smork81

i have posted twice in the past months asking for some stocking stuffers for my fuge...1Journeyman replied and said he was pruning but he never got back with me :( other than that no one seems to be coming off any

I am still looking for someones prunings PWEESE!!
akin_nostaw19@yahoo.com

krazekajin

Do any of you have a LFS around your area? If so ask them. Every store around Toledo, Oh will give you some if you ask nicely.

dwendler4

i have two here, one of which is the stereotype "evil" lfs, the other is great, very knowledgeable and helpful... neither stocks it. if you were to buy some and ship it to me... i would overpay for it.

clintjj

I have grape culerpa (?) i think thats how you spell it, It is full of pods and starfish you just pay shipping. I live in Texas right near La. Email me address for a shipping Quote
Clintj@gt.rr.com
Thanks

reefkprz

I have tons of cheato but the shipping would be more than it would be for you to buy it locally, But if you wanted to pay for shipping I would be more than happy to ship you some for free+shipping.

earlybird

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I have tons of cheato but the shipping would be more than it would be for you to buy it locally, But if you wanted to pay for shipping I would be more than happy to ship you some for free+shipping.
Nice guy. Those asking for chaeto do you not have LFS in your area? All of the stores around me have tons. I can't believe how much they have. One store has such a big clump it looks like a washing machine as it tumbles just slower.

sirk

You would be surprised. I have been trying to get some at any LFS for quite some time now and the ones in my area do not stock any SW plants and I went as far as 2 hours away searching 3 different pet stores in that city and they didn't have any either. So there are a lot of us out here that do not have access to cheato and other things as well. That's one reason why I love this site so much because everyone is very helpful and full of information. Obviously more so than our LFS in alot of areas. Thanks to all that help us out!!
If anyone does have extra cheato I would love to get started on my fuge. Thanks! ylwpny@yahoo.com

saltn00b

ha - i found someone local that heard my pleas for help and is hooking me up with some stuff for free. - when it grows out i will be happy to return the favor!

greenwolf52

Originally Posted by saltn00b
ha - i found someone local that heard my pleas for help and is hooking me up with some stuff for free. - when it grows out i will be happy to return the favor!

sweet...definitely am ready for that. someone sent me an email saying they had a lot and were putting together a package to ship to to me and was like "Well......alright!". But now I haven't heard from then since. Sounds like amean joke to me. oh well. if i don't have any by the time you're ready to give some up, i'll certainly won't be opposed to snagging some.

smork81

Well i dont know who to thank for sending me some chaeto...But somone on here has hooked me up and Thank you soo much for that!! i was asking for quite some time and didnt get any "real" deals...Anyways...Thanks again whoever you are

mynameis

I have been looking for cheato for a while now...I went to all of the LFS and noone has any...even asked a few employees that have salt tanks and none of them have any
I have found a few online stores that sell it but they never seem to have any available and price is outrageous. I may just have to take a big chance on that site that you bid on stuff :notsure: