anyone have info on the care of this

tonya-sr

i had been talking with waterfaller about my turquois finger leather. i'm just needing to know if any body else has seen one this color, and if there is any kind of imformation on it. i have been learning to frag, and i have got 4 frags off of this, and it is doing wanderful. plus it just keeps growing wider, and taller. i'm having to frag it every two weeks. so if someone has any info, please i need it.
thanks tonya-sr

tonya-sr

:confused: i hope i'm not asking a dumb ?. it's just that i have never aeen one this color, and i have never had a finger leather b4, so please if someone has info, i would appreciate the help.
thanks tonya-sr

bang guy

Good water quality & medium current. Obviously what you're doing is working very well! :)
Care to send me one of those frags for closer observation? :yes:

tonya-sr

thanks 4 the reply Bang Guy, i would like to send you a frag, but one i don't know how, and two, right now my fingers look like they are sprouting babies up everywhere. i'm going to frag some more pieces from it this afternoon. i will settle them on some small Lr, and i may send you a piece next week. but you will have to let me know how to do this, so they will be safe. plus have you seen this color of turquois finger leather befor? i'm just courious. thanks.

bang guy

No, I've never seen that color. Red, yellow, brown & green but never turquoise.
If you're willing to send me a frag don't mount it on anything, just let it heal for a few days.
<---- Please e-mail me :)
Bang

tonya-sr

Bang Guy:confused: like i said earler, i'm just learning how to frag.so i'm hoping this won't be another dumb ?. but when i cut them, where do i put it if i'm to just let it heal for a couple of day's:notsure: it may try and float around the tank. also i am having trouble e-mailing people on here, it say's i'm not allowed. but i am working on this problem. please don't think i'm an idiot because of these quistions. i just have never tried to frag befor, and i haven't had much computer training. i am learning by hands on self teaching. and thank you for your help.
tonya-sr

tonya-sr

hey Waterfaller, i figured you would see this, i already have a piece ready to go, i fraged them two weeks ago after we had talked on here. but like i said earlyer there seems to be some type of little baby sprouts popping up everywhere on them. maybe i have some type of hybred leather that keeps on propagating :rolleyes: like rabbits. first somebody needs to tell me how to ship them. lots of water, little water? i know what kind of bags, (NOT ZIPLOCK!) even i know that. referring to another thread i had read about someone purchasing from e-bay. i felt bad for that person. anyway i will let you know when i will be ready to send them to you and Bang Guy. in the meantime can you tell me the art of shipping?
thanks tonya-sr

tonya-sr

thanks waterfaller, i didn't know about the heater pack. and i kind of guessed that i would use styrofoam to pack it in. and i will probly tripple bag it to be on the safe side. i will climb on board here and let you know when i'm sending it (ok). but i was wandering if you had herd anything from your friend, if this is some kind of rare finger leather, because i haven't seen any other like it anywhere. and i deffently haven't seen any finger leather spread as fast as this one seems to be growing. anyway just wandering. thanks

saltynewbie

if you are having to frag it every 2 weeks, i wouldnt mind helping you place one of those frags! :yes: i live in meridian, MS, so i bet shipping wouldnt be too terrible bad. e-mail me at mjt36@msstate.edu if you want to. thanks!

herkemer

Beautiful coral. If it keeps reproducing that fast I would love for you to send me a frag too and I would return your box with another frag or two of any of my corals of your choice. You can email me at tntarms@hickorytech.net if you are interested and I will give you a list of corals I can frag for you.
Thanks,
Herkemer

jlm

That is so beautiful. I hope it keeps growing and growing for you. Maybe you can get enough frags out there to not make it so rare. I would love to run across one like that. Just beautiful keep up the great work. Jenny

new_noob

Here is a link i found on google.com
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...UTF-8%26sa%3DN
I think your leather could be a Green Finger Leather with a little tint of blue, making it look tourquise (spelling?) Its cool none the less! I would do a Frag Swap with you but my corals are still to young, maby in a month or so?EDIT - the coral i am talking about is the second one.