Anyone have some nice photos? Now is the time to get them published!

lion_crazz

Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in helping me with my latest project. I am writing a book on setting up and maintaining a saltwater aquarium and though the text part of it is almost done, I do not have nearly close to the amount of pictures I would like. I have a good deal compiled from shots I have personally taken, but there is a lot that I would like that I do not have.
This is where you come in. I am asking anyone willing to donate some of your own pictures to my book. Any picture that you have personally taken that you like can be posted. Also, full tank shots, and pictures of your filtration are definitely needed as well.
If you do in fact donate pictures, post them in this thread and be sure to also PM me with what you would like me to credit in the back of the book or the subheading of the picture. I will list either your full name or your username (or both, if you wish).
Just as a side note, I have already gotten the permission and support from the owner of Saltwaterfish.com for this endeavor. So, anyone who posts here will not be violating forum rules. Also, in posting your pictures here in this thread, you are also agreeing for me to use your picture without infringing your rights of ownership.
Thank you very much. I can't wait to see some incredible pictures.

lion_crazz

At this point, I will take whatever I can get. I want to have a wide array so that I can give them all to my editors and let them pick what works best where.

texasmetal

Just a suggestion.. but why not go through the publisher for this so the people who submit their pics get paid for their pics? I mean I know they don't pay much... but it's nice to be rewarded for efforts. Ya know?

lion_crazz

Not looking to complicate things and want to keep the publishing costs down.
Thanks for the suggestion, though.

alix2.0

i dont have many decent pics, but here are these.
occelaris clown

pajama cardinal

copperband butterfly

~alix

lion_crazz

Awesome photos, thanks for your contributions! PM me what you would like me to credit you in the book as. I will almost certainly use at least the butterfly and cardinal shot.

mkzimms

if you are looking for anything specific let me know... i have TONS, everything from corals, full tank shots, tank builds, fragging... i document almost everything i do with the tanks.

lion_crazz

Fragging is definitely an area where I could use more pictures. I really like all of yours, though. Excellent photography!

mkzimms

thanks! They're all taken with a sony dsc-w80 w/ macro and auto flash. My father came by the other day and took some pictures of my new SPS with his nikon in like 10mp so im waiting for him to get those back to me. Like i said, anything specific let me know and ill dig through my server and see what i can come up with.

triga22

Lion, I would like to give you my photobucket account so that you can look through the pictures. Take as you wish, if there is any that you would like to know just put my Name on the pic.

lion_crazz

Thanks a lot! PM me the account, and be sure to include your name so I can credit all of the photos appropriately.

lion_crazz

Wow, I would really love to thank everyone for the immediate support.

The photos was the one issue I was concerned with not having enough of. My editors will have quite a bit of work to do.

big

Originally Posted by TriGa22
http:///forum/post/2706839
Lion, I would like to give you my photobucket account so that you can look through the pictures. Take as you wish, if there is any that you would like to know just put my Name on the pic.
I will do the same in the next couple days .Let me get some of my newer ones loaded there and I will PM you the link and info too..... Warren

triga22

No problem. I am glad to help someone that helped me when I joined 2 years ago. Its good to give back.

lion_crazz

Thank you, Warren. Just post in this link or PM me.
Thank you, Tyler. That is the purpose of my book, as well. I want it to be a source of aid to anyone who could use a hand. It will mention SWF.com a good deal because this website has done a lot for me and is unlike any SWF message board on the web.