Apparently God has selective hearing...

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing#post_3539719
Try again. Your post here is nothing more than you wanting to whine and complain about your own intolerance towards others that has nothing to do with you.
This is the problem with you liberals. You point fingers at everyone else for everything, argue for the little guy and equality then come to places like this and show your true colors. Some people call it two faced, I just call it fake.
Quills can't come up with a rational retort, so he resorts to simplistic labels to attack his opponent.

You want fake? Try this new Arizona law that wants to allow businesses to basically ostracize a group of individuals in our society simply due to their sexual preference. Christians tout that their "religious freedoms" are being inhibited by the government, when they don't even understand the book they use to base their freedoms on. Some bible thumper a few decades ago decides to interpret a few phrases in that book that it's a moral sin to have relations with the same sex, and all of a sudden you have a group who face's the same discriminations as the Blacks did back in the 50's and 60's. Never mind Jesus lived a life of equality, and never judged anyone for who they were, or how they lived their lives.

darthtang aw

Quills can't come up with a rational retort, so he resorts to simplistic labels to attack his opponent.
You want fake?  Try this new Arizona law that wants to allow businesses to basically ostracize a group of individuals in our society simply due to their sexual preference.  Christians tout that their "religious freedoms" are being inhibited by the government, when they don't even understand the book they use to base their freedoms on.  Some bible thumper a few decades ago decides to interpret a few phrases in that book that it's a moral sin to have relations with the same sex, and all of a sudden you have a group who face's the same discriminations as the Blacks did back in the 50's and 60's.  Never mind Jesus lived a life of equality, and never judged anyone for who they were, or how they lived their lives.
Speaking of intolerance.

phixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/20#post_3539754
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills
http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing#post_3539719
Try again. Your post here is nothing more than you wanting to whine and complain about your own intolerance towards others that has nothing to do with you.
This is the problem with you liberals. You point fingers at everyone else for everything, argue for the little guy and equality then come to places like this and show your true colors. Some people call it two faced, I just call it fake.

You want fake? Try this new Arizona law that wants to allow businesses to basically ostracize a group of individuals in our society simply due to their sexual preference. Christians tout that their "religious freedoms" are being inhibited by the government, when they don't even understand the book they use to base their freedoms on. Some bible thumper a few decades ago decides to interpret a few phrases in that book that it's a moral sin to have relations with the same sex, and all of a sudden you have a group who face's the same discriminations as the Blacks did back in the 50's and 60's. Never mind Jesus lived a life of equality, and never judged anyone for who they were, or how they lived their lives.

Do you believe in tolerance? Where is the same tolerance for people who disagree with your liberal agenda?

As usual, your hypocrisy nullifies your feeble attempts of rational logic. I.e , you want acceptance for the homosexual agenda yet you oppress the religious beliefs of others. You villanize those with different views by confusing conscientious choices with ones that are not. What you continually fail to realize is that your anger stems from your opposition to nature...a battle you can never win.

2quills

You want fake?  Try this new Arizona law that wants to allow businesses to basically ostracize a group of individuals in our society simply due to their sexual preference.  Christians tout that their "religious freedoms" are being inhibited by the government, when they don't even understand the book they use to base their freedoms on.  Some bible thumper a few decades ago decides to interpret a few phrases in that book that it's a moral sin to have relations with the same sex, and all of a sudden you have a group who face's the same discriminations as the Blacks did back in the 50's and 60's.  Never mind Jesus lived a life of equality, and never judged anyone for who they were, or how they lived their lives.
Again you try to side step the issue with your dilusionary tactics of diversion for your blue bellied brethren. You're comparing racial discrimination with religious while defend one's right to perpetuate it in the same breath you preach about equality.
And what about equality? I thought you liberals were about spreading it? Yet you guys come here to do none other than spread the negativity and point fingers. About one's own self proclaimed friends and family no doubt. Brilliant! Good show!

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/20#post_3539773
Again you try to side step the issue with your dilusionary tactics of diversion for your blue bellied brethren. You're comparing racial discrimination with religious while defend one's right to perpetuate it in the same breath you preach about equality.
And what about equality? I thought you liberals were about spreading it? Yet you guys come here to do none other than spread the negativity and point fingers. About one's own self proclaimed friends and family no doubt. Brilliant! Good show!
Dude, learn how to compose a sentence. This makes absolutely no sense. Didn't "you Conservatives" take English 101 in high school, or were you too busy sitting around having some preacher tell you his interpretation of that fictionalized book?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixer http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/20#post_3539768

Do you believe in tolerance? Where is the same tolerance for people who disagree with your liberal agenda?

As usual, your hypocrisy nullifies your feeble attempts of rational logic. I.e , you want acceptance for the homosexual agenda yet you oppress the religious beliefs of others. You villanize those with different views by confusing conscientious choices with ones that are not. What you continually fail to realize is that your anger stems from your opposition to nature...a battle you can never win.
What exactly is my "liberal agenda"? The only definition you know of the word "Liberal" is what's spewed by these Ultra Conservative wackos on Fox News.

You mean acceptance of person for simply who they are? Isn't that was Jesus taught? No one wants to oppress anyone's religious beliefs. However, you can't push your religious beliefs on someone that disagrees or accepts them in a country that's governed by LAWS, not by a Theocracy.

Opposition to nature? LMFAO. You're still stuck on that stupid "survival of the fittest" theory of yours. If we relied on natural selection, you never would've been born.

2quills

Dude, learn how to compose a sentence.  This makes absolutely no sense.  Didn't "you Conservatives" take English 101 in high school, or were you too busy sitting around having some preacher tell you his interpretation of that fictionalized book?
Nope just too busy to put forth any serious effort into entertaining your gibberish. Only you could steer us off of another pointless discussion about God and religious beliefs in order to advertise your stance for gay rights in Arizona.

2quills

You're still stuck on stupid 
If we relied on natural selection, you never would've been born.
Good one.

darthtang aw

I would explain the intolerance but it is a pointless discussion to have. Apparently name calling and insulting one's intelligence is Tolerance.
So with that said. I will educate the individual that is getting things wrong about what Jesus did or preached. Since this is clearly coming from a source that has not studied it. I will not claim to hold the level of study as Flower, but I have Studied far more than your average Christian and definitely your average citizen.
When Jesus was being question by the Pharisees He made a statement concerning divorce. Here are the words.
Matthew 19:3-9
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Now when Jesus was asked they didnt ask him to define who was married, but He did so. Man and woman. He never used the word Homosexuality. In fact, you will never find the word homosexuality in the Bible or history past 200 years ago. The word Homosexuality or homosexual is a very recent word in language compared to the text of the bible and history of Rome.
However Jesus did define Marriage as between a Man and a Woman. In this statement. So to use the teachings of Jesus in the face of Christians, will hopefully show the areas where most Christians are wrong. But it also will reaffirm their belief in the institution of Marriage. You can not use Jesus as an example to win the Gay Marriage argument.
As to Jesus preaching tolerance and acceptance...I am curious to what teachings exactly you are referring to so I can adequately answer.

2quills

Bah, this is turning into a more pointless discussion than it already was. This is nothing more than people whining about growing up in a nation where the majority do not outwardly support their beliefs or particular lifestyle choices and wishing to cry foul play.
Clemson, claims to believe in God as did others in this thread. Yet not once in any of these threads has he defined his personal beliefs for anyone else to see. I want him to come back here so that we can pick his beliefs apart in front of him and give him a chance to respond insteaded of doing it behind his back. Let's try some equality for a change since his Facebook friends aren't here to respond.

phixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieAlum http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/20#post_3539781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixer
http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/20#post_3539768

What exactly is my "liberal agenda"? The only definition you know of the word "Liberal" is what's spewed by these Ultra Conservative wackos on Fox News.

You mean acceptance of person for simply who they are? Isn't that was Jesus taught? No one wants to oppress anyone's religious beliefs. However, you can't push your religious beliefs on someone that disagrees or accepts them in a country that's governed by LAWS, not by a Theocracy.

Opposition to nature? LMFAO. You're still stuck on that stupid "survival of the fittest" theory of yours. If we relied on natural selection, you never would've been born.
This is your liberal agenda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjj5_f4m8Ik

Please explain your logic to support this statement "If we relied on natural selection, you never would've been born." According to that statement neither would you? Pls rationalize this: I was, therefore I am.

Fox News? who knows I dont waste time watching TV.

What Jesus taught? who knows? There exists a division of church and state for that reason.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/20#post_3539785
I would explain the intolerance but it is a pointless discussion to have. Apparently name calling and insulting one's intelligence is Tolerance.
So with that said. I will educate the individual that is getting things wrong about what Jesus did or preached. Since this is clearly coming from a source that has not studied it. I will not claim to hold the level of study as Flower, but I have Studied far more than your average Christian and definitely your average citizen.
When Jesus was being question by the Pharisees He made a statement concerning divorce. Here are the words.
Matthew 19:3-9
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.
9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
Now when Jesus was asked they didnt ask him to define who was married, but He did so. Man and woman. He never used the word Homosexuality. In fact, you will never find the word homosexuality in the Bible or history past 200 years ago. The word Homosexuality or homosexual is a very recent word in language compared to the text of the bible and history of Rome.
However Jesus did define Marriage as between a Man and a Woman. In this statement. So to use the teachings of Jesus in the face of Christians, will hopefully show the areas where most Christians are wrong. But it also will reaffirm their belief in the institution of Marriage. You can not use Jesus as an example to win the Gay Marriage argument.
As to Jesus preaching tolerance and acceptance...I am curious to what teachings exactly you are referring to so I can adequately answer.
That's just the typical INTERPRETATION of that Psalm. The discussion was about DIVORCE. It had nothing to do with the sexual preference of the individuals who were married. Are you going to sit there and say that homosexuality never occurred during the time Jesus supposedly walked this Earth? Just because it wasn't explicitly stated in that book, then it never occurred? You're basing your entire theory on this one phrase - "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female." OK, the first words of that phrase are "Have ye not READ", as in reading Genesis. So again, you're basing the entire argument of whether homosexuality is right or wrong on a verse that was essentially taken from a previous verse in the same book. You're condemning an entire society and sector of population on this planet on the premise of words written in a book that has no FACTUAL basis to go by. A book that some religious scholars rely on to say that this planet is only 6000 years old, and humans cohabitated with the dinosaurs. Have God come down from the Heavens, or let the "second coming" of Jesus occur, and have one of the two state to all those currently living that homosexuality is an evil as vile as murdering another human being, then you will have a valid justification for your "tolerance" against those individuals.

If you prefer, I can pull up quotes in the Bible that discuss "men loving men" and "women loving women". Those have be dug up to support the facts that homosexuality was discussed in that little book.

2quills

If you prefer, I can pull up quotes in the Bible that discuss "men loving men" and "women loving women".  Those have be dug up to support the facts that homosexuality was discussed in that little book.
I would prefer that. Please do, let's see what the discussion was about.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixer http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/20#post_3539793
This is your liberal agenda: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mjj5_f4m8Ik

Please explain your logic to support this statement "If we relied on natural selection, you never would've been born." According to that statement neither would you? Pls rationalize this: I was, therefore I am.

Fox News? who knows I dont waste time watching TV.

What Jesus taught? who knows? There exists a division of church and state for that reason.
You couldn't see an sarcastic barb if it slapped you in the face. You're the epitome of someone who would've never been born if natural selection were the way this world decided what existed on this planet.

You should start watching it more often. The majority of the words you use to support your arguments on any topic discussed here come straight from the Hannity or Fox At Five playbook. That, or you read Glenn Beck books for bedtime stories.

And that division of church and state is exactly why the new law in Arizona is unconstitutional. We have anti-discrimination laws in place for that very reason. You can't pull the "religion card" out every time you want to deny an individual their right to liberty in this country, just like you can't pull the "race card" for the very same reason we abolished those atrocities in the 50's in 60's. What's the difference between a sign that reads "White's Water Fountain Only", "White Bathroom/Black Bathroom", "No Blacks Allowed To Eat In This Establishment", and replacing the word "Black" with "Homosexual"? Just because of some ridiculous interpretation of some words in a book, that gives these people the right to discriminate against the same people who pay the same bill as someone who isn't homosexual? I'm also curious, how exactly do businesses determine whether a couple is homosexual that enters their establishment? Do Arizona homosexual couples now have to wear "LGBT Rainbow" armbands or shirts to designate their sexual preference when living there? A couple of guys that work together decide to go have lunch or drinks after work, they have to prove their manhood by kissing one of the women workers before being allowed into the establishment? Oh wait, I forgot. It's EASY to tell when a man is gay. Is there also a "lesbian radar" that goes off when two women enter a business at the same time? You want to practice your religious freedoms? Do it in your home or church. Your business is supported by the ENTIRE community, including what you pay in taxes to run that business. Southern Baptist believe drinking alcohol is a sin, and can provide Bible versus to prove it is. Wonder if any of these restaurant owners who depend on their liquor licenses and sales to survive would give them up for the sake of their "religious freedoms"? Oh wait, I guess all Arizona restaurants are owned by liquor-guzzling Catholics. I imagine Catholic business owners allow pedophiles in their establishments, since they turn a blind eye to all their priests who have an eye for the little boys.