Apparently God has selective hearing...

darthtang aw

For some reason I thought you did Antisubmarine Warfare in your earlier years.
Nope, you do have me confused. However that would be cool to have added to my resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/40#post_3539854
Clemson, whoever hacked your account should be banned.The avatar is funny, but the removal of your posts unless done by a moderator for inflammatory comments is unacceptable. I highly doubt any mods edited your posts, however.

Yeah, I have no idea what happened. I signed in this morning, went back to my original post to see exactly what I said so I could respond, and saw that everything was gone, replaced with something about avocados. And then the picture was changed too. All my personal profile info was also wiped.

I mean I have a sense of humor. But I'm not exactly sure what avocados have to do with anything?

I'm not saying that people don't think domestic violence is a bad thing, because I'm sure most people do.

I guess it's just disheartening for me to see all this time, effort and money going towards the "anti-gay" agenda. Everything from Prop 8 in California, to the laws in Arizona and Missouri saying people can deny services to homosexuals based on religious beliefs, etc.

I feel like every person out there has a finite amount of time, effort and money they can spend on different causes, and the fact people throw almost all of that into these "anti-gay" agendas seems misguided. And it only seems misguided, because there are much, much worse things that are going on that get little to no support, time, effort, and money from most people.

For example, let's say you could give $20 to your church. You could earmark that money to go to the church's soup kitchen, or sending a lobbyist to the state capital to push anti-gay legislation. Don't you think the starving homeless people are a little more important in the grand scheme of things?

And lastly, Darth... When I say what is the psychological reasoning behind "Why is homosexuality the worst thing in the world"... I guess I mean the "anger" factor it causes. Like, if you gave a questionnaire asking people, "One a 1 to 10 scale, with 10 being the most angry, and 1 being the least angry, how do you feel about these things?" And then give them options like oppression, hunger, homosexuality, economic inequality, politics, religion, abortion, etc...

I feel like you'd get a lot of 10's for homosexuality. I just don't know why. Like, does it press people's buttons because the gay movement is so pushy? Does it freak some people out because it calls into question their own sexuality? What are the reasons people get so heated?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Its not misguided to them, Clem, because their religion is important to them. It is their moral and spiritual center and the gay rights issues has a real potential to effect them personally in a life altering way. As well as you can see one side of the coin, you should also be able to see the other side. Both sides have valid concerns. Just because you are not religious, does not mean those who are should be discounted. Support whatever side you wish, or go neutral, but don't judge one side over the other, is my way of thinking.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth
http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539859
Where did this take place?
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing
I reverted the post to its orginal state, however, I don't know exactly how this happened. There was no history of who did it, which usually is posted when posts are edited.

Let one of the mods know of any reoccurances.

darthtang aw

I'm not saying that people don't think domestic violence is a bad thing, because I'm sure most people do.
I guess it's just disheartening for me to see all this time, effort and money going towards the "anti-gay" agenda.  Everything from Prop 8 in California, to the laws in Arizona and Missouri saying people can deny services to homosexuals based on religious beliefs, etc. [/QUOTE] This is the way of government now. I supposse one could list a slew of other equally "unimportant" laws and efforts concerning other things. It all depends on your view point.
I feel like every person out there has a finite amount of time, effort and money they can spend on different causes, and the fact people throw almost all of that into these "anti-gay" agendas seems misguided.  And it only seems misguided, because there are much, much worse things that are going on that get little to no support, time, effort, and money from most people.
I suspect you are thinking of the extreme church that protests gay funerals and such. Let me ask you, did you support the occupy movement. A person could argue that was equally unimportant and misguided. Especially when you look closly at the ideas and proposition surrounding that movement.
For example, let's say you could give $20 to your church.  You could earmark that money to go to the church's soup kitchen, or sending a lobbyist to the state capital to push anti-gay legislation.  Don't you think the starving homeless people are a little more important in the grand scheme of things? 
That is for each individual to decide. Would you question someone that only gave money to rescue groups for animals instead of donating to Veteran causes?
And lastly, Darth... When I say what is the psychological reasoning behind "Why is homosexuality the worst thing in the world"... I guess I mean the "anger" factor it causes.  Like, if you gave a questionnaire asking people, "One a 1 to 10 scale, with 10 being the most angry, and 1 being the least angry, how do you feel about these things?"  And then give them options like oppression, hunger, homosexuality, economic inequality, politics, religion, abortion, etc...
I feel like you'd get a lot of 10's for homosexuality.  I just don't know why.  Like, does it press people's buttons because the gay movement is so pushy?  Does it freak some people out because it calls into question their own sexuality?  What are the reasons people get so heated?
I disagree. I hope you are wrong. I am currently testing this. I will bring my results as soon as I can.
But I dont think it is viewed as the worst thing in the world by most of its opponents. It is just the "easiest" to support or rally behind at the moment. Every other issue is complicated to a far more extreme level. where is this is cut and dry depending on your beliefs and view.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539868
Its not misguided to them, Clem, because their religion is important to them. It is their moral and spiritual center and the gay rights issues has a real potential to effect them personally in a life altering way. As well as you can see one side of the coin, you should also be able to see the other side. Both sides have valid concerns. Just because you are not religious, does not mean those who are should be discounted. Support whatever side you wish, or go neutral, but don't judge one side over the other, is my way of thinking.
How does homosexuality affect a religious person "in a life altering way"? Is there some fear that if those individuals become acceptable members of society, that their "gayness" may wear off onto them or their family members? You say not to judge one side or another, but isn't that exactly what a religious person does to someone who is homosexual? I don't see how accepting someone as being homosexual has any impact to one's "moral or spiritual center". You can't be converted to being homosexual. Homosexuality isn't a disease. It's simply a way of life of how two people share their intimate emotions with one another. We live in a land where everyone has a say in the way we choose to live. We create laws to prohibit discriminating any specific group based on race, sex, or creed. Just because someone believes in some Supreme Being, and takes the words in a book to be factual in all degrees, doesn't give them the right to inject those beliefs on anyone who disagrees or doesn't believe them. Like you said, there's two sides of the coin. The problem is, religious people always select heads, then pull out a two-headed coin when it come to deciding which side is right, and which side is wrong.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/40#post_3539851
I am still waiting for you to post these contradictions in the bible. You said you could but have yet to do so,
If Arizona passes the law it will be overturned by the supreme court. So no, I don't care, as it is an unconstitutional law as has been ruled upon in various fashions. I typically post before you so my opposition is clearly stated before you state yours.
Yes I did. I simplified them all with the Wikipedia link I provided. Keep up.

Nice try. Your definition of "posting before me" normally includes some one-liner snipe that has no bearing to the topic being discussed.

2quills

Aggie, I think you are confusing the fact that everyone gets to voice their opinion that this somehow translates into meaning that everyone should automatically get whatever they want. Unfortunately, life has never been that easy for anyone. Everyone faces and has had to battle adversity throughout history, not just gays or blacks.
The great thing about this country is that here people will still face adversity but they are free to fight and rise above their circumstances due to the laws that already exist. Nobody is going to gift you a perfect world. Especially religious rich folk who hold all the money while you're pointing fingers at them.
I could care less what someone's sexual orientation is if they aren't pushing it on me because ill never understand or agree with it. Same goes for the other side. My intolerance comes into play when one sides expects something from the other but wishes to offer nothing in return in the way of tolerance. I think what's happening in AZ, is rediculous. But it hasn't stopped people like Aggie from trying to lump me into that category of bible thumping.

darthtang aw

Yes I did. I simplified them all with the Wikipedia link I provided. Keep up.
No you didn't.
This is what I am refering about. I believe I clearly stated it.
As to Jesus preaching tolerance and acceptance...I am curious to what teachings exactly you are referring to so I can adequately answer.
As to your wikipedia link. It is clear you have not read the bible and made any deductions for yourself. You are content with another persons interpretation. You know, that thing you complain about Christians doing. Letting someone else interpret things for them.
So to refute your wikipedia link I leave with this
I see your wikipedia and raise you a wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_Hebrew_Bible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_New_Testament
Using wikipedia to refute or prove anything is ...............................................................................

darthtang aw

Yes I did. I simplified them all with the Wikipedia link I provided.  Keep up.
Nice try. Your definition of "posting before me" normally includes some one-liner snipe that has no bearing to the topic being discussed.
If it is normal, that means it occurs more often then not. So to back up your claim I request proof. Of course you will give a response such as you don't have the time, or you can't remember everything I said, or you don't care to track what I say.

phixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539864

I guess it's just disheartening for me to see all this time, effort and money going towards the "anti-gay" agenda. Everything from Prop 8 in California, to the laws in Arizona and Missouri saying people can deny services to homosexuals based on religious beliefs, etc.

I feel like every person out there has a finite amount of time, effort and money they can spend on different causes, and the fact people throw almost all of that into these "anti-gay" agendas seems misguided. And it only seems misguided, because there are much, much worse things that are going on that get little to no support, time, effort, and money from most people.

For example, let's say you could give $20 to your church. You could earmark that money to go to the church's soup kitchen, or sending a lobbyist to the state capital to push anti-gay legislation. Don't you think the starving homeless people are a little more important in the grand scheme of things?

And lastly, Darth... When I say what is the psychological reasoning behind "Why is homosexuality the worst thing in the world"... I guess I mean the "anger" factor it causes. Like, if you gave a questionnaire asking people, "One a 1 to 10 scale, with 10 being the most angry, and 1 being the least angry, how do you feel about these things?" And then give them options like oppression, hunger, homosexuality, economic inequality, politics, religion, abortion, etc...

I feel like you'd get a lot of 10's for homosexuality. I just don't know why. Like, does it press people's buttons because the gay movement is so pushy? Does it freak some people out because it calls into question their own sexuality? What are the reasons people get so heated?
One good thing about the homosexuals. They dont breed. Homosexuality stops pro-creation. And in overpopulated world thats a good thing. Sad thing is if they adopt, those poor kids are brainwashed to think it's normal or natural. Homosexuality dosent exist in nature, it's a nasty, disgusting thing. Dont know how one guy can look at anothers guys sweaty hairy ass and be attracted to that. Is that normal?

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixer http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539935
One good thing about the homosexuals. They dont breed. Homosexuality stops pro-creation. And in overpopulated world thats a good thing. Sad thing is if they adopt, those poor kids are brainwashed to think it's normal or natural. Homosexuality dosent exist in nature, it's a nasty, disgusting thing. Dont know how one guy can look at anothers guys sweaty hairy ass and be attracted to that. Is that normal?
Your homophobic ignorance just shows your true colors. Ever heard of in vitro fertilization? Brainwashing kids? I wonder if your wife says the same thing about your rear.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539890
If it is normal, that means it occurs more often then not. So to back up your claim I request proof. Of course you will give a response such as you don't have the time, or you can't remember everything I said, or you don't care to track what I say.
Is what is normal? Your incessant sniping of literally everything I post? That's not hard to prove.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtang AW http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539889
No you didn't.
This is what I am refering about. I believe I clearly stated it.
As to your wikipedia link. It is clear you have not read the bible and made any deductions for yourself. You are content with another persons interpretation. You know, that thing you complain about Christians doing. Letting someone else interpret things for them.
So to refute your wikipedia link I leave with this
I see your wikipedia and raise you a wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_Hebrew_Bible
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_the_New_Testament
Using wikipedia to refute or prove anything is ...............................................................................
Ah, the old Wikipedia is just unsubstantiated nonsense argument. Except every post has valid footnotes to support their findings.

You've just proven how meaningless that book really is. Who writes a book where you have to "interpret and make deductions" about everything that's written in it? That's called fiction. So now I'm to assume that you validate your assessments on what's written in that book based on YOUR interpretations of the words, not what should be clearly defined. Got it. Sounds pretty idiotic to me.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phixer http:///t/397209/apparently-god-has-selective-hearing/60#post_3539935

Dont know how one guy can look at anothers guys sweaty hairy ass and be attracted to that. Is that normal?
Seriously? So, you think women are attracted to that picture you paint?

Just because someone does not fall into the "norm" doesn't mean that they should be ostracized or have less rights then others. Should homosexuals be thrown in jail for life like they are now in Uganda?

flower

Wow folks...this thread took a nasty dive....

Talking nasty to others, gossiping, being a drunkard, eating pork (and other un-kosher animals) and shellfish, adultery, sex before marriage, speaking out to your parents, stealing, and homosexuality (to name just a few) are all in the same boat. The simple truth is that none of us are squeaky clean when it comes to the sin department. In the eyes of the Holy, we are all guilty. Did it ever cross the mind of any of you, that since we are all fighting our own demons, that we should be a little more tolerant, kind and merciful to each other instead of throwing stones?