Aptasia problem? = Joe's Juice

gmford1979

have any of you used this stuff before? after cleaning my mess of a tank, i found tons of them, so i ordered some Joe's Juice. this stuff is amazing. you really just put it on there and they explode. i have tried all kinds of things to kill them, but this stuff really works. its really almost too good to be true. does anyone know if it kills corals or fish? it can't be good judging by the way it kills aptasia.

meowzer

I know it kills aptasia...LOL...GREAT
I just tried an experiment and placed a drop on 2 brown palys....they are being invasive, and it worked on them
I also read a post not too long ago where the juice go on someones condy anemone and it died....just be careful that you only place a drop on the aptasia

2quills

If it's anything like the aptasia killer that I just used than yeah I would probably use it sparingly and try to keep it away from anything that you don't want dead and gone.

gmford1979

well thats great. i hope all my corals don't die b/c there was a lot just floating around, esp after i turned back on my powerheads.

2quills

Yeah, keep an eye on things. From my understanding it chemicaly burns the aptasia as most of those types of treatments do. It's not very selective on what it kills, so anything that gets in it's way is in possible danger. Just keep a close eye on things. Be prepared to do a water change if need be.

al mc

I have also found that extremely hot RO/DI water shot directly into them (about 5-10 cc/aptasia) will kill them effectively also. It is less likely to cause harm to other living things in your tank if you direct the hot water at the aptasia only.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Mc http:///forum/thread/383259/aptasia-problem-joe-s-juice#post_3350617
I have also found that extremely hot RO/DI water shot directly into them (about 5-10 cc/aptasia) will kill them effectively also. It is less likely to cause harm to other living things in your tank if you direct the hot water at the aptasia only.
LOL...I boiled mine and it did not work....I also tried lemon juice.....so far the only thing that has worked for me is the Juice

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///forum/thread/383259/aptasia-problem-joe-s-juice#post_3350624
LOL...I boiled mine and it did not work....I also tried lemon juice.....so far the only thing that has worked for me is the Juice

Same here, I've tried it on both the majono's and the glass anemones. All it did was cause them to shrivel up for a while but bounce right back. And I'm talking about boiling water strait out of the micro wave, into the injector, and right into the tank. I blasted the heck out of em, even went back for seconds on some of them and the hot water never worked. I wish it would. Maybe it depends on the type of pest anemone you actually have. There are actually many types.

J

jstdv8

kalk paste or Mr's wages pickling lime paste works for me.
Suck the paste out and the aiptasia before you turn the powerheads back on.

gmford1979

well i figured as good as it worked it couldn't be good, but watching them disintigrate in about 5 seconds was pretty amazing.