Aptasia ??

wayne40

will peppermint shrimp do away with aptasia without bothering my corals or is there something else that i can get for these pests???

wayne40

the copperband won't bother my corals??? i had a pearlscale i had to flush!! they say butterflies are a no no around corals just want to make sure it will be ok around my corals it was a real pain catching that pearlscale i had to finally take everything out of the tank just to catch him!!

clarkiiboi

They should work just fine, as long if the aptasia (sp) are on the smaller side. If they are bigger then do a search here for the manual way to remove with kalk paste, joe's juice, etc. They shouldn't bother your corals for the most part, some may close up for a short time if they walk across them. There are exceptions: pepps. love yellow polyps and similar looking corals (mistaken for aptasia).
Please reconsider a copperband for controlling this, they are a very delicate species, hard to keep, and aren't 100% reef safe. Inverts, like anemones and feather dusters for instance, may become an enticing meal.
Lastly, you might want to edit your last post---you may get some negative feedback on the action you used (surprised you didn't). There were/are better options, but I will leave it at that. HTH :)

greatfullreefer

Fill a syringe with liquid calcium and inject right into its mouth, it will shrivel up and die.
And just a word of advice next time post that you had to get rid of the fish. It upsetts alot of people myself included when people murder an innocent fish.

misty927

You're not serious are you?? About flushing the Pearlscale???? :mad: Why didn't you euthanize it or give it to someone who wanted it. That is not a humane method of removing a fish simply because you couldn't control it. It was just carrying out its instincts as it does in the wild...why can't people understand that. It's not intentionally trying to make you mad by eating your precious corals...it's just hungry. :nope:

yellowtail

Originally posted by wayne40
the copperband won't bother my corals??? i had a pearlscale i had to flush!! they say butterflies are a no no around corals just want to make sure it will be ok around my corals it was a real pain catching that pearlscale i had to finally take everything out of the tank just to catch him!!

c'mon man that is ridiculous,flushing a fish:nope: