AquaC Remora with maxijet 1200....

ldb007

Does ANYONE have any idea how to set this up? They didn't give me good directions and I have no idea how to connect the adaptor to it,its quite confusing....please :help:!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

ldb007

whatever one came with it.....all I have is the skimmer its self and a power adaptor came with it....its called...Maxi-jet 1200. I have NO idea how to connect it to my skimmer for it to work correctly.

renogaw

you probably have to go to a hardware store and grab some plastic pipe and maybe a barbxmale adaptor.

ldb007

uhhh .....don't you think they should supply me with what I need for $170?!?!?!! That response sounded rediculous to me!!!

renogaw

well, it sorta looks like the one i have, and they aren't going to know how far away your pump to your skimmer will be.
you probably need to get some 5/8 clear tubing. i *think* it fits right onto the mj1200 (you'll want to take it to the hardware store), but you'd need a barb attachment on the skimmer and they won't know what size you're going to use either, so putting in a barb fitting when they don't know what size tubing you're going to use isn't that great of an idea.

renogaw

Originally Posted by ldb007
uhhh .....don't you think they should supply me with what I need for $170?!?!?!! That response sounded rediculous to me!!!

and sorry, but being a jerk to someone trying to help you isn't going to get you much help in the future.

rbaldino

whatever one came with it.....all I have is the skimmer its self and a power adaptor came with it....its called...Maxi-jet 1200. I have NO idea how to connect it to my skimmer for it to work correctly.
Power adapter? I believe you mean powerhead. When I took my Remora out of the box, there was a short length of clear plastic tubing already attached to the gray inlet pipe and a hose clamp. You take the output of the powerhead, slide it into the tubing, and tighten with the hose clamp. Then you hang it on the tank and plug it in. Honestly, the AquaC Remora is about as easy as it gets.

ldb007

yeah I'm gonna to post pictures. I called the company I bought it from and they kind of walked me through it, it seems to be working, but I'm going to show you just to make sure. Also, I didn't mean to be a jerk...I was upset thinking they didn't send me something I needed. I did have the clear thing attached. I'll post a picture and you can tell me if I did it correctly. I didn't mean to come off mean...I'm sorry it came out as if I did. I ALWAYS appreciate the help I'm givin!! Hugs to you renogaw!! :)

bill109

Ok, did I do this right?

yesh tht is right lol
i have the urchin pro aqua C remora with a rio 1400
my pump is a little different the collection cup will need to start almost as HIGH as it can get or you wil just be collecting somewhat clean water.
as it gets broken in you can lower depending on results.
where are you located?

rbaldino

Originally Posted by bill109
yesh tht is right lol
i have the urchin pro aqua C remora with a rio 1400
my pump is a little different the collection cup will need to start almost as HIGH as it can get or you wil just be collecting somewhat clean water.
as it gets broken in you can lower depending on results.
where are you located?
Yeah, you've got it right, though I'd probably just leave the collection cup alone for now and see what you get. While it's breaking in it's not going to make much foam anyway, and if you move it up you probably won't pull anything.

ldb007

actually...its a very powerful skimmer. lol...there is foam already coming out, and the water is shooting out of it lol....I can't adjust the levels on this one ahhhhhhhhhh Sure hope my fish like it!!

anonome

I have the aqua C remora pro. Works great. I would raise your water level though or you will get a lot of salt residue from the splashing. You have installed it right. I keep my collection cup about half way. When you first hook it up you will need to empty it every day, until it breaks in. Their web site is very informative.

bill109

Originally Posted by Anonome
I have the aqua C remora pro. Works great. I would raise your water level though or you will get a lot of salt residue from the splashing. You have installed it right. I keep my collection cup about half way. When you first hook it up you will need to empty it every day, until it breaks in. Their web site is very informative.
yeah i kept it up a little hihger so i wouldnt have to empty it so much i would get more water and the same amount of brown stuff. it just helped me from emptying everyday

motlot77

are you getting micro bubbles at all? mine spewed them, even after 2 months of being in operation. you can purchase the additional plastic pre skimmer piece that works really well. just kinda stupid they make you pay extra for something it should come with.

ldb007

yeah I have micro bubbles now. but they said I would for a while...I sure hope its not 2 months. lol They said it would only happen for a week or 2. We'll see. Yeah....I was checking out that pre-skimmer. You're right, it should have came with it!! Thanks for everyones help. :)

renogaw

if you don't like the bubles you may be able to put this onto a sump (don't know if you have one). mine's in the sump so the bubbles from the skimmer get either absorbed into the water before getting to the tank, or just don't get taken in by my return pump.
hugs back, no harm no foul?