Aquapod 24 First Build

no_wedge

Though I would open up a thread on this message board too.
Salt mixing

Cleaning uncured Rock

Original Bioballs for faster Cycle (had about 12)

Original Aquascape with 21lb of LR and 10lb live Pink Fiji aragonite sand

Hitchiking Peanut worm that died. I also had one in on of the back rocks that I could see for a month and now it's died or disappeared.

CUC so far, 1 scarlet hermit (1died) 4 blue, 6 nerite snails, (1turbo died will replace), 6 nassarius snails.

nassarius eating turbo

New aquascape and 5lb more of sand, this time with some shells mixed.

Orange Firefish

after about a month I took bioballs out and put Polyester filter in where my two 240gph pumps suck in water, seems to really clear up the water.

no_wedge

trying to decide what to get next. I was thinking maybe some more small polyps or a soft coral, but I was really wanting an anenome either green tip or rose tip for my clownfish. Do you think it is too early for one?

nano-newb1983

its good to wait about 6 month til you add a anemone, and that if you have T-5 or MH lights which they require to be happy

jwbarrios

watch out for that red hermit.. they are a lil more aggressive then the blue legs.. mine killed off one of mine off.. :(((((((

no_wedge

lol yea I think it may have killed my other scarlet, but leaves everything else alone. It knows it's the biggest hermit there is.

no_wedge

added 2 Mexican turbos to get rid of my red turf algae and wow these guys are good.
Before

2hours later

and Look what I found hitchiking on my xenia frag, it's small and I'm not sure if it will live or can get out, but I think it's a brittle star.

no_wedge

well my ocellaris clown somehow managed to get into the pump chamber and well you know... He was very small and liked to stay at the back near the top, so I'm not really surprised he ended up dying. next time I'll make my eggcrate fit better on my top.

Proper fish Burial

I am about to do a water change, and tommorow will check ammonia and trates.