Aquarium of the Pacific

keri

Beautiful pics Maxalmon, especially considering what you had to put up with to get them!!

maxalmon

Originally Posted by RHagemann
http:///forum/post/2476888
Great shots, sorry you got caught up in the Graco/Evenflo 500.

I checked stock and still no good on that wrasse for ya...........
A road trip to CA is fine with me, I want to do a whirlwind tour and hit up all the stores. This trip was so last second that I didn't have time to plan all the stops....Record time though, 3:30hr

05xrunner

Originally Posted by maxalmon
http:///forum/post/2476753
Here's "little Johny" His dad felt that it was Ok to let him stand on the displays and drool all over the tanks, I so wanted to blind the little guy with my flash

Little childish dont you think. he is a kid and if you cant get use to the public getting in your way most of the time then you might want to find a new hobby.

jman72

Man, I absolutly love that aquarium. I was offered a job there after noticing they hadn't put a butterflyfish on the plaque next to the tank it was in. Someone who worked there was standing right next to me and "poof". To bad I live in Virginia. I really like their shark display. One of the bonnetheads in the petting pool almost bit off my hand.

maxalmon

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
http:///forum/post/2477103
Little childish dont you think. he is a kid and if you cant get use to the public getting in your way most of the time then you might want to find a new hobby.
No, childish is letting your snotty little brat spread germs and blow spit all over a tank and then walk away as other people look on in disgust because you think it's simply OK for your child to make a germ invested mess on a public tank and then think that somebody else will clean it up. On top of this, notice there is a rail for people to lean against and also displays for people to read. I seriously doubt that they designed that ledge just for this kid to stand on...........You seriously need to get a life as your little cyber stalking of my post are getting to be amazingly childish, all you do is respond in some studily negative way to my post

05xrunner

LOL..da hell are you talking about cyber stalking..I HARDLY ever post in your threads. since you seem to make a new one everyday with a pic you have taken. Like I said having a fit over something the public does in a public place right or wrong is just dumb to get all mad over. Sorry but when i do usually post in something of yours its usually to give advice. I guess since you have your P&S DSLR you think your a pro now.

grabbitt

Originally Posted by maxalmon
http:///forum/post/2476753
Here's "little Johny" His dad felt that it was Ok to let him stand on the displays and drool all over the tanks, I so wanted to blind the little guy with my flash

HA! How about this one...
The last time I was at a public aquarium, I had to explain to a mother and son why it was not a brilliant idea (as they had previously figured) to try and open up the cabinet protecting the top of the fish tank to drop in cheese-flavored goldfish. When I first saw the mother trying to pull the cover open, I wasn't sure if I should hit her with a rolled up newspaper, explain things to her like it's her first day on earth, or just stab her and save time...

caseysimp7

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
http:///forum/post/2477800
The last time I was at a public aquarium, I had to explain to a mother and son why it was not a brilliant idea (as they had previously figured) to try and open up the cabinet protecting the top of the fish tank to drop in cheese-flavored goldfish. When I first saw the mother trying to pull the cover open, I wasn't sure if I should hit her with a rolled up newspaper, explain things to her like it's her first day on earth, or just stab her and save time...
funny next time you see her tell her fish like cherios much better

brandon7491

i was at the florida aquarium and i had too also explain to the mother that it wasnt a good idea for her child to be jumping in an out of the shark exhibit. Funny how parrents are so ignorant

rhagemann

No worries on the wrasse, It's not gonna kill me to wait and I'd rather wait a lil while to get the one I want. The mission was more a target of opportunity while I was there ya know?
Eventually, I'd like to get up to the Monterey Aquarium. I'll plan it after I get some faster glass and hopefully one a day when there are no field trips....LOL.

fish addict

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
http:///forum/post/2477165
LOL..da hell are you talking about cyber stalking..I HARDLY ever post in your threads. since you seem to make a new one everyday with a pic you have taken. Like I said having a fit over something the public does in a public place right or wrong is just dumb to get all mad over. Sorry but when i do usually post in something of yours its usually to give advice. I guess since you have your P&S DSLR you think your a pro now.
I for one WANT to see every picture he takes since they are so good. And I don't believe he thinks hes a pro because he always critiques his own photos. I think it was more of a joke anyways, not like he actually wanted the kid to get hurt or something.

kevin34

Originally Posted by GRabbitt
http:///forum/post/2477800

fats71

I am a father of 5 andd I can assure you that would never happen with one of my kids. They have been taught to respect not only their things but others as well. In public they are to be courteous be on their best behaviour and know boundries. I guess thats thhe difference between caring parents and parents who let their kids get knocked up at 13...

lizzy

I agree that children should be on thier best behavior and be respectful when out but if you are a parent you know that everyone has thier days...obviously if you dont understand this...you've never had children. But I do understand where you are coming from and as a mother I always try not to let my children do things that would not disturb people like yourself. and maybe next time you could take some baby wipes with you and hand them to the childrens parents and saying...would you mind cleaning that up? I'm trying to take a picture. The parents probably didnt even think about it since they were probably there just to look at the pretty fish and arent freak fanatics like all of us!!