aquascape

lightfrommoon

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
http:///forum/post/2565873
I would go about 15 gallons or so to get it down.
I like the lunar lights my next set of lights will have to have lunar lights on it.
Mike

And i'm sure you'll love them! I am just starting my tanks, I know they're pretty bare right now, but I get up in the middle of the night just to watch everything in the lunars, especially my brittle star. I dont have any photos of her, but here's another star at night.

dse

wow how much do your lunar lights cost?
i like them and been trying to find a night system for my tank.

lightfrommoon

About $300 for my 75 gal tank and i'm not sure about the lights on my 56 cuz they came as a package deal with the tank.... I don't really know jack about saltwater tanks yet, but I know that I spend enough time at night eating cookies and watching the tanks that the $ was worth it...

This is the box from the 75g lights Haha i wouldn't let my husband throw them away

lightfrommoon

Originally Posted by camanuch
http:///forum/post/2566553
my lunar lights are in part with my regular light system
Thats how mine are.... do you have any more night pics where its darker in the room? yours aren't as blue...? what kind of lights do you have? anyhow nice rocks! I have a desert tank right now until i can afford more rocks.

barngirl

Looks nice!
Also BIG on caves here, as in aquascape, Fish love it...;)
Some newbies, in my 55 right now, feeling secure for sure!
Thanks for the post.

camanuch

Originally Posted by lightfrommoon
http:///forum/post/2566618
Thats how mine are.... do you have any more night pics where its darker in the room? yours aren't as blue...? what kind of lights do you have? anyhow nice rocks! I have a desert tank right now until i can afford more rocks.
the reason yours are blue is because your actinics are on at the same time. the lunar lights are the LED lights not the bulbs. they either are on a seperate switch or on a different plug. if you turn your actinics off yours will look the same as mine.

camanuch

its going to be a reef tank. the only thing my girlfreind wants are clowns.
coral i know nothing about. ( i am researching)
as for reef safe fish im not sure (trying to research)
non agressive.

camanuch

update.
ammonia is .25 today.
i have to check my trites and my trates.
on seperate LR amonia is 0. should i wait and test again tomorrw b4 adding to my 75 fowlr??
thanks

camanuch

hey update
nitrite is off the chart now. i am doing a water change and we will see from there. thats both the 30gal and the bin.

camanuch

here is an update on the tank. ammonia is at 0. nitrites are still high. how long does it take for them to come down? also got a little bit of nitrate sources. so this is a good sign right??

camanuch

hey guys did a parameter check this morning:
ph - 8.2
amm - 0
nitrites - .25 (down from like 2)
this is starting to go great. i started ghost feeding on 4-25-08. thanks for all the help
as soon as the nitrites are down to 0 i will do a 50% water change and then add CUC. dont think i am going to go with any crabs.
nasarius snails
turbo snails
2 fighting conches
hows that sound. thanks

camanuch

by the way my girlfriend looked at a differnt pic of a flasher wrasse and loved it. so there will be a flasher somewhere in the mix.

camanuch

Parameter update:
ammonia 0
nitrite 0
Doing a 50% water change with my new RO/DI unit and then will add CUC. Any help in choosing ne would be great. Thanks