Are blue mushrooms rare or just hard to find??? Or is it just me?

chris l

Dunno, maybe it was you. Did you sell to the public? Someone that works for me told me about it about a month or so ago. He said he hadn't been there in a couple of years.

chris l

Can I ask your name? He did tell me the name of the guy but I forget what he said it was. I think the name might have been Robs' Saltwater Heaven or something like that.

zooqi

Oh, you are talking about Ron Hunsicker from Ron's saltwaterheave. He used to sell from his basement years ago and now he has the famous XXXXXXX.com

zooqi

I'm new to this and did not know that it will now show. Is saltwaterheaven and then add the dot com. I get the e-mail and when I click it, I don't get to the thread. I go to Message Board and type and search for this. Am I doing something wrong here?

wrassecal

Originally posted by zooqi
True Blue is hard to find and what Bang Guy has in his tank is True Blue.

Well if they are in Bang Guys tank it's a sure thing they'll be multiplying like everything else in his tank:D

sammystingray

Just got these blue bullseye shrooms today.:) They're kind of retracted, but they have only been in the tank a few hours. I'll see what they look like tommorrow.

sammystingray

Well, besides being much cooler looking......they really won't tolerate bright light as well as "common" shrooms, and may be a little more agressive. Not much else is different. They are also called tongas, which were mentioned in this thread.......here's one looking good, and I hope mine do as well.

reef fool

Hey Hairtrigger, I've got some extra blue shrooms. They bailed off the rock they came on due to overcrowding. There are four of them on one rock. I have some fuzzy green ones also. Let me know if you are interested.

zooqi

I have seen many tanks and many pro reefers around but I still think that Bang Guy's system is the best. Everytime I see his system I come home with new ideas and learn from him. By the time I have his size sump (over 700 gal) he will probably will have a book (trust me). Things do grow fast in his system and they grow to a size that I have not seen in other tanks.

sammystingray

Wrassecal, when you come over to get one from me.....perhaps you can help me with "something" on "my wish list".;) ;) ;) The rock does have 14 of them.....too bad you aren't closer for trade, I know you have something I would want.:D

While not a totally blue mushroom the spotted blue one in the center of the pic is one of my favorites.
Sammy...nice shrooms....any chance of a trade (maybe at the 4th annual Ohio frag swap?)
SiF

sammystingray

Hey, I do plan on being there........they are having it about twenty minutes from me.....I live in Chippewa Lake, but I grew up in Brunswick, so I was happy to see where it was being held.:D What would you like to trade for a few? I don't plan on bringing much aside from money, but I could trade a few to you for something.

Well this one jonthefb is first in line for but I have several other pieces just like it. I can e-mail you the pics. Aside from the ricordia (although I do have a few of the green ricordia in the top middle of the last pic) I will send you a list with some pics.
SiF