Are FoxFace reef safe?

lil.guppy

I read somewhere that they are known to nip at some coral.
Has anyone experienced this and do you know exactly what types of coral meet their fancy?

We kept a foxface in a 175 gallon reef and never had any problems with him. He was fed three times a week with meaty foods and seaweed sheets.

shyfish

Hi,
I must have read the same book. I had one and he didn't bother anything. After reading up I decided on not getting another one for the 90g. Based on what my book said.
SWF info also says not reef safe. Like I said, I didn't have any problems. Then again it says "may" nip. Mine didn't.

janastasio

Mine grazed around the rocks alot, including the corals. I dont think he specifically nipped at the corals. He did constantly pick at my feather duster tubes.

aquaguy24

sorry to burst everyones bubble but mine likes to nip at my open brain...but that is the only thing my foxface nips at...it has never touch anything else... ever since i started feeding my tank once a day thats when i notice it nipping at the brain..so i guess if u keep it well fed..u'll have no problems..

C

cmaxwell39

Have had mine for a year and a half and he has never touched anything.

jpa0741

I would say they are less likely to nip coral then a tang. Many people have had tangs nip corals and most people think of them as reef safe.

nigerbang

Acts like it doesnt even know its there.. Never had a foxface that bothered anything other than algae.. A fellow local reefer had one that like to eat zoa's and palys though... He was pretty pissed when it ate about 6 Purple Hornet polyps

A

anthony1238

I have one in my 75 gallon and I though it was nipping at my frogspan but he was actually picking that brown hair algea that got wrapped around it. So it was actully helping me. No problems with anything else, great fish. Its weird how they change colors too. I can always tell what kind of mood its in.