are Nassarius Snail's shipped from SWF.com out of water?

king_neptune

I dont think so, but hear is my story:
I got the package from fed ex 10 min ago. It was wet...not a good sign.
i opened it and saw water in each plastic baggy except the one with my Nassarius Snail's in it. The inside was moist, but there was no water in it whatsoever. I squeezed the bag but it remained full of air, maybe one of the snails was blocking the hole?
I cut open the bag and OH! foul! I know dead flesh when I smell it. I am almost 100% positive that the water leaked out somehow during shipping. Just the same I wanted to ask before I file a claim. Or are they meant to be shipped this way, and that's a natural odor?

spanko

are they moving, are they out of their shells? put them in a container of tank water and see what happens.

I got mine yesterday without water too... I put them in and they are fine... I thought my bag sprung a leak but i think they just ship that way

king_neptune

i pt them in a dog bowl with saltwater from the aquarium. ill let them sit over night to see if they move. room temp should be ok right?

spanko

I would think that in a very short amount of time you will see them moving. You could even add a little meaty food in there to get them excited.

olemiss

They are shipped without water. This is in case one dies it won't cause an ammonia spike and kill them all. Nerites are shipped the same way. I had the same question from another company and that was the answer they gave.
What happened to the anorexic avatar, that always gave me a chuckle.

bizzmoneyb

yes the last time i bought some here they were shipped without water.
i thought it was strange too but they were fine.

meowzer

You will notice that it says some items are shipped w/o water...
I have ordered MANY w/o water, and lost none

meowzer

Originally Posted by King_Neptune
http:///forum/post/3123906
did they have a rancid smell?
I don't remember them smelling that bad...I have had dead snails arrive before (from somewhere else) and believe me.....That is a smell you NEVER forget.....the ones from here just smelled like snails

king_neptune

ya it struck my nostrils before I even got it up to my face. a full 2 feet away. Just the same, im heading over to the aquarium room to put them in.