Are their any pink corals...

puffer32

Yes, you can get pink leathers, pink pulsing xenia and pink zoos, heres a pic of my pink leather, don't have a pic of my xenia.

alyssia

I forgot about xenia! Does it spread really quickly though? I am currently battling GSP, it is trying to take over!!! So now I'm a little afraid of anything that might really take off. I like the pink zoas too, but they never seem to look the same under my lights as they do under the lfs lights.

puffer32

Mine spread double in size in 3 months, but if you just get a small frag, it won't overtake your tank for quite awhile.

alyssia

Originally Posted by puffer32
Here's a pic of my pink/purpley carnation, we ladies gotta have our pink

I like that! Aren't carnations hard to keep alive though? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

efishnsea

Here is some pics of my pink chalice, and zoas, I have some frags if you want to trade. They are some of my fastest growers.
efish :happyfish nsea

alyssia

Originally Posted by efishnsea
Here is some pics of my pink chalice, and zoas, I have some frags if you want to trade. They are some of my fastest growers.

Nice! What kind of lights does a chalice need? Love those zoas too, I just wonder what they would look like under my PC's.
I don't suppose you want to part w/some of those rics?

efishnsea

My tank has 3-250 10k MH's, This is my first chalice, I'm not sure how it would do, I have it up 6" from the top!!!!I'm pretty sure they like alot of light. I'm going to be doing some rearanging of the reef next weekend, and it would be a good time to frag!!!! Shoot me an email and we can chat. jhr1@adelphia.net.

puffer32

Originally Posted by alyssia
I like that! Aren't carnations hard to keep alive though? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.
I heard that they were hard to keep also, but mine was doing well except it kept falling off the rock it was on and we couldn't get it to stick back on with glue so there are pieces all over the tank now, but it just won't die. We have a yellow one that is doing great though. It doesn't get alot of light, and seems to like it that way

alyssia

Originally Posted by reckler
I have a pink bubble coral, and a pink leather. although my lether kinka turned tan color.

I have a bubble but it is kind of a beige color.

gtiguy

There are some really pink SPS corals if you have the light for them....
Pink Birdsnest
Pink Pocilipora
But for PC's the Pink zoos are real nice...
I have a pink and purple pagoda cup which is stunning....
Pink Tipped Torch
Pink and Green Hammer

alyssia

Originally Posted by efishnsea
My tank has 3-250 10k MH's, This is my first chalice, I'm not sure how it would do, I have it up 6" from the top!!!!I'm pretty sure they like alot of light. I'm going to be doing some rearanging of the reef next weekend, and it would be a good time to frag!!!! Shoot me an email and we can chat. jhr1@adelphia.net.

Okay, will do in the morning! :happyfish

alyssia

Originally Posted by GtiGuy
There are some really pink SPS corals if you have the light for them....
Pink Birdsnest
Pink Pocilipora
But for PC's the Pink zoos are real nice...
I have a pink and purple pagoda cup which is stunning....
Pink Tipped Torch
Pink and Green Hammer

I like the Pagoda cups, hopefully I can find one of those. I haven't seen the pink tipped torches yet. I love hammers but can't seem to keep them alive.

supalupa

I have two pink tip torches. It got so big I cut it in half. They don't look very pink in pictures though.

alyssia

Thanks for the pic! I have been really thinking about getting a torch for awhile. I think I will!