Are we nerds?

ekclark

Everyone here seems very nice, but we are clearly nerds. We are about a half-step above the Babylon 5 and Dungeons and Dragons web site posters. My friends already call me Troy McClure and if they knew how often I was in here I would have to leave the state. Maybe to protect us from nerd persecution we should develop a number of secret signs to identify ourselves to each other in public.

ntvflgirl

How bout SWF.com t-shirts for identification?
What could the slogan be?
"REEF NERD AND PROUD OF IT"
"REEFERS DO IT UNDERWATER"...nah, been overdone
"ASK ME ABOUT MY REEF"
" " " FISH
" ' " CORALS
" " ' EQUIPMENT... (hmmm)
Let me hear yours...

ekclark

Well--for the addiction part of it
"Friends don't let friends start reef tanks."
"Real men know about the calc/alk/ph relationship."

azonic

Nerds? nah.... obsessed? definately... loving it? every minute
BTW, "Always be nice to a nerd, you'll end up working for one someday."

iceburger

um, to be honest with you, i was always the popular one in highschool (graduated last year) and i've never been labeled as a nerd, i agree with sammy on this one, nerds are those who are, how shall i say..."socially challenged"... but, really if you think about it, we're all nerds in our own ways, some just like to "come out of the closet" hehe...
being a nerd is'nt about knowledge or how high you're IQ is.
Define normal, really, is there a such thing as normal, and if you try and define it, is it stereotyping?....ahhh so many questions...
and yet, we're all nerds at heart...

ntvflgirl

How bout this:
"Live Rock...400 dollars
Lighting...500 dollars
Getting a new "show" in your tank everyday...priceless."
man, we are nerds

ntvflgirl

Yeah, no kidding....well, I only have a 55, and I don't even have the rock to fill it yet!!! I'm estimating!!!!1:p

azonic

to be honest, I think it's a rat...sorta has some kinda problem with his tail though...does anyone else see it? :p

iceburger

looks kinda freaky to me, then again when i compare your avitar to ryebreads.....yours doesnt scare me as much...heh heh