Are you... a mall person?

T

tizzo

Ok so... I went to the mall yesterday. I had to. I needed the 11 carb cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. And of course where I park, and where I need to be are on opposite ends.
But as I'm walking through the mall in my work clothes, which consist of a dirty white t shirt and shorts, I notice that "these people" are nothing like me!!
Ok, you know how you get all dressed up to go out to a nightclub or the like?? Well, it would seem, that "these people" get all dressed up, to go to the place where they buy new clothes, so they can get all dressed up another day, to do it again!! Oh the confusion!!
I care about my appearance, I really do, but there is NO way I'm putting on a brand new shirt so I can go buy, a brand new shirt!
I called my dad to share my experience and he made it all clear to me in one single sentence. He said, "Normal people don't go to the mall."

I never wanna go back! That place is crazy and I don't understand how people can LIKE going there. So, if your, one of..."those people", then please, enlighten me.

tangman99

Some of the best times I've ever had have been in a mall! Now where is that thread about the people of walmart?

meowzer

I hate the freakin MALL

I hate shopping

And when I go somewhere....I dress for me....I could care less about what others are wearing
and WALMART
Who let the dogs out...woot woot

U

usirchchris

I honestly can't remember the last time I was in a mall. It's been years for me.

aquaknight

Never enjoyed the mall since the day I was told I was too big to ride the train
As far the niceness of the mall/clothes they have on, I think it depends on the mall itself. If it's the nice mall, the one with Nordstrom, Tiffany Co., valet parking, etc, they're always dressed up. If you go to the other one on the other side, where Sears and JcP are the headliners, a dirty tee and jeans are better then half the people's clothes in there...

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3138350
Never enjoyed the mall since the day I was told I was too big to ride the train
As far the niceness of the mall/clothes they have on, I think it depends on the mall itself. If it's the nice mall, the one with Nordstrom, Tiffany Co., valet parking, etc, they're always dressed up. If you go to the other one on the other side, where Sears and JcP are the headliners, a dirty tee and jeans are better then half the people's clothes in there...
Ok, I'm hearing it...
Cause this was definitely the one with the Nordstrom's and valet parking.
I never noticed how many hairs my daughter had outa place until I entered that place! There is nothing relaxing or enjoying about that place...well, cept for that cheesecake, lol.
All the malls around me are getting like that. Where I live, JC penny and Sears and even Belks, are in strip malls.
And I don't even know HOW that Neiman Marcus stays in business!!

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by TangMan99
http:///forum/post/3138245
Some of the best times I've ever had have been in a mall! Now where is that thread about the people of walmart?
Oh the complete opposite end of societies spectrum, lol!
There really are days when you just roll straight outa bed, get in the car and absolutely hafta have a new table cloth!!
It could happen!!
Nah... I hate walmart too. But not as much for the class of customers, but rather the class of owners!
The Keys won't let a walmart down there. Good smart local business supporting folk.

gio28

the malls i go to are fine. i really like shopping there.
and as for walmart...everyone in my family hates that place. the one i have in my town is about the slummiest place in the whole city. (no offense to anyone who shops there, mine is particularly bad) i also just dont like them in general, Target is like my 2nd home

shogun323

I hate malls. I avoid them like the plague. Clearly you were at International Mall. I am fairly positive the only peopl that do not feel out of place there are rich people and gay males.