Are you having an uphill battle vs Aiptasia & Mojanos??

bronco300

Then I have the solution for you!!!! That's right folks...an answer to those freakin aiptasia that seem to multiply while using boiling water, lemon juice...joes juice...kalk paste..outright hostility...and the list goes on....BUT NOW you can take care of those and have them gone FOR GOOD...or at least till the next coral comes in that spread another 1000 planera in your tank
So what am I talking about you ask? Well I'm glad you asked! The product I'm talking about is....Aiptasia-X...ok, enough of the sales pitch....I got to try some of this stuff out this morning as I've been having an insane amount of aiptasia(AND mojanos) in my tank that i COULD NOT get rid of...i used boiling water, kalk powder, even the nudibranches....but when you have a ton..boiling water is not very effective...kalk powder works but can't overdo it if you are overrun without bumping up parameters, and depending on thickness the aiptasia can just release it once it realizes what it is and he is unharmed unless you use a ton...too liquidy and it doesn't do jack...i had a nudibranch for it, but unfortunately unless you get a lot of them its not very effective either, and who wants to spend $150 on animals that will die if you don't supply aiptasia...so i was given this product to test out and decided to use it this morning (continued next post)

bronco300

The product that is by RedSea is supposed to be great because its an adhesive material...it is supposed to be thought of as food at first...then you cover the entire disk(making sure to cover its mouth for sure so it cannot release more planera causing you to curse two days later)...it basically seals the aiptasia up and away it goes...RedSea says that it will actually implode on itself! which i watched some and just saw it more or less disinegrating...but it could have been easily missed as with other aiptasia i did see it close the tenticles around the paste..and then it will do a real quick pull in which seems as if it did what was claimed..imploding...pretty cool to see the ones that did that. For mojanos it doesnt seem to stick as well unless you make sure you push it on the oral disk as it closes so the mojano is forced to keep it as it closes...then it dies as well. RedSea claims it is reef safe and will not effect other polyps(it better or i'm gonna gly off the handle)...they also say that anything left over in the tank is safe and will just decompose in time.....here are pictures of aiptasia in my tank now, as you can see, my tank is going nuts with them....and then pictures of afterwards...sorry about the picture of me applying it, should have used a stand,lol....then you can see the aftermath as the white areas...obviously I only used it this morning, so i'll have to take a look after work to make sure everything is still ok and the aiptasia i treated is actually gone..but it seemed to work for aiptasia AND mojanos.....I'll update you then..but so far i've been pretty impressed.

bronco300

yea...i love it so far, hopefully no ill effects when i get home...but definitely don't slack if you see a few, they will multiply to hundreds before you know it!

morval

does it say what the ingrediants are? looks a lot like joes juice to me
/ i just mix kalk pretty thick so it sticks, and i burry the little buggerrs with it
. well let us no how it ends up. biggest problem i find is that the aptasia hide in my filter. so its a huge ordeal to squirt them all and tear down and clean filter and then theres always one i dont see so they start comming back

bronco300

i left the bottle at home, have to look....i've never used joesjuice...just assumed it was a pure liquid like water and thats it.....and i mix my kalk up pretty thick too...and so the aip would always grab, and then let go right away...so unless its upright on a rock, its harder to get the kalk to stick to them...or at least for me it was

jmesmcm

Looks like Joe's Juice to me from the way it is sticking in the pictures. The only problem with Joe's and I am guessing that stuff are the ones that you cannot reach as they are deep in the rock or in the back of the tank.

mike murphy

Both of my tanks were loaded with the buggers. I bought a Copperband Butterfly for $27 and he cleaned both tanks out within a couple of weeks.
He now has a great appetite for about anything frozen and is healthy as can be. Ok so maybe it's not high tech compounds or ingredients but it is all natural isn't it.

bronco300

Originally Posted by Mike Murphy
http:///forum/post/2581706
Both of my tanks were loaded with the buggers. I bought a Copperband Butterfly for $27 and he cleaned both tanks out within a couple of weeks.
He now has a great appetite for about anything frozen and is healthy as can be. Ok so maybe it's not high tech compounds or ingredients but it is all natural isn't it.
i just about got one, but i dont really want a copperband, and i dont want to waste money buying a fish i dont want in my tank if i cant take him back to the store...so this was a bit better solution, for me at least.

grabbitt

Is there anything different in the composition of that from Joe's Juice? I'm looking around, but I'm having trouble finding out.

bronco300

i called joes, i'm pretty sure they wont give it to me, but they said theyd call me back to let me know....
however, i do remember in the aiptasia-x it states to not let any saltwater enter the bottle, and i know joesjuice said you can add so ro if the paste is to hard as it says on the instructions(heard it may just be vinegar and kalk) which seems to say something will happen if putting saltwater into the redsea solution, meaning different ingredients....we'll see if they get back with me or not.

natclanwy

Joes is Kalkwasser and Saltwater you can actually look up the exact amounts and manufacturing process since they have their patent now.

funkyman

From what I understand, the biggest difference between Joe's and A-X, is there's an ingrediant in A-X that tricks the aptasia into thinking it's "food", therefore getting the aptasia to more readily ingest it.

natclanwy

The trick to using Joes juice is letting the aiptasia ingest it, they think its food unless you disturb them first or while you are dosing them then they will expell it. If you just squirt it on them or try to jab them with the syringe they will just expell it and live to tell about it. The ingrediant in aiptasia X that I am curious about is the one that is supposed to seal the oral disc off that is the only difference between the two products that I have read.

s.r.aquatech

Joes Juice is a mixture of gypsum (CaSO) and sodium bicarbonate and not CaOH (kalK), this is why you can dilute it with RO water. I think that Blue Life Aiptasia control is the same

J

jefnmichele

Man, all that and to think all I did was add 3 peppermint shrimp to my tank and all the apstasia was gone in a week.
Guess I should have went the hard way...