Astrowars

beachbumtx

I asked bob320 the other day since he was one of the top guys in the system, but now is the bottom rung...but it i still early and he may not have logged in in a while.
bliP! asked me to be allies with him on the first day and he had been low man on the pole until last night.
So, we are talking right now. ;) I haven't spoke to Zenoch, so I have a feeling the he might get wiped out first ;)
EDIT
Ross, where in Texas are you located?

tobruk

well i was all set up to dominate. Today my ally has been blocked as a multi, and an alliance with a member in my system wants a nap. Anyways I think Ill try to drag it out for a few days.

ross

Im in San Antonio. We have a club up here, with a couple ppl in corpus. If you want the website shoot me an email
bassmaster15athotmail.com

beachbumtx

I got this message from the first guy I talked to. Should I trust? Is this something that happens normally?
----
Hi again...
Time for hunting XP's....
Build 2 Destroyer and send them to my base. They will be destroyed and i will gain a new Playerlevel...
I do so too and you will gain a new playerlevel...ok?
----

sammystingray

Friendly fire. Make sure to up you base to a 4 or so I say....just to make sure you win since he may have bonuses and such. I'm doing the same thing with the guy in my system. You'll get 6 XPs for killing the two destroyers, and that gets you to player level 1 and a SU, and a trade screen to look at.

elfdoctors

I did this friendly fire with my ally and it worked well. Thanks for the idea.
Would you do this a second time with three destroyers to get to level 2 (with a second SU)?
Now what do I do with the supply unit? Any ideas? Sell it or convert it to a level 11 or 12 factory?
I also read in an old thread about seiging planets. Do you just launch a destroyer at them to do this? Are there better ways to do this?

beachbumtx

Originally posted by elfdoctors
I also read in an old thread about seiging planets. Do you just launch a destroyer at them to do this? Are there better ways to do this?

Yes, I sent one to a free planet and when it got there the planet was in the red...meaning under siege. However, I returned the destroyer to base as I didn't have enough culture to send a colony ship, but that has since changed and I colonized that planet.
Question, at this stage of the game, what should the PPs value be? I am at +14 an hour. Is that about right? Low? High?

ross

Thats a little low. I have 2 planets now, one w/ +16/hr, the other w/ +5/hr. Is your culture lvl 2 yet? You need to get another planet if it is!

elfdoctors

I am at 18 PP's on my base planet and 8 PP's on my colony planet with no race adjustment. My science is going up 16/hr and my culture is going up 10/hr.
I think those numbers are okay but this is my first time in the game. I have the feeling I'm waiting for the axe to fall. :confused:

ross

Originally posted by elfdoctors
I did this friendly fire with my ally and it worked well. Thanks for the idea.
Would you do this a second time with three destroyers to get to level 2 (with a second SU)?
Now what do I do with the supply unit? Any ideas? Sell it or convert it to a level 11 or 12 factory?

You can send more ds, and it will get your player lvl up some, but 3 might not be enough. I usually wait till i have about lvl 12 whatever to spend an SU on it. To seige a planet you have to be able defeat whatever is there. If is a free planet, then yes, 1 ds will work. If someone already owns it then you will have to defeat there starbase and whatever fleet you think they might have there. HTH

beachbumtx

Originally posted by Ross
Thats a little low. I have 2 planets now, one w/ +16/hr, the other w/ +5/hr. Is your culture lvl 2 yet? You need to get another planet if it is!

My culture is 2 and I have gotten a second planet.

elfdoctors

How does this look?
ID Population Starbase Owner
1 3 6 rfboris
2 0 0 Free Planet
3 0 0 Free Planet
4 5 2 dreidur
5 0 0 Free Planet (seiged by me)
6 3 0 elfdoctors
7 6 4 elfdoctors
8 0 0 Free Planet (seiged by me)
9 0 0 Free Planet
10 6 6 Myushu (my ally)
11 1 0 Myushu
12 0 0 Free Planet
I have been in favor of seiging all the free planets. It already has worked as I defeated a colony ship from dreidur. My ally has been trying to build a large fleet before planning on taking out one of our opponents. My ally has been emphasizing PP's. I am a mildly nervous that he might try to turn against me if I get stretched too thin. Any ideas?
I'm hoping to survive in this galaxy and then be able to find people from the Nemo alliance - that part of the game will be difficult.
rfboris has a science level of 6. I don't know what he is planning. Any ideas?

stacyt

elfdoctors,
Check out the diplomacy forum, and there is a post there about the nemo's. The 1st post provides a link to their BB where you can make contact, and ask for an alliance with them. I myself have made my request. There is 1 nemo movng into my system. He's contacted me, and let me know that he would not attack, as I have asked for an alliance, until there has been a decision made on my request. He has been helpfull so far.

tobruk

My "ally" is the most difficult Ive had yet. For some reason hes hell bent on planets Ive told him I will be taking. I just sent him a friendly reminder I will be taking those planets regardless of who has control of them.

beachbumtx

Am I correct on assuming that the computer automatically plays out any battles? Or does one need to be online to make decisions? I have yet to be attack, but I 2 DSs coming my way from a ally to help increase XPs.

tobruk

battles are auto resolved. you jsut need to check to see if you won or log in before to make last minute defensive changes.

elfdoctors

Originally posted by StacyT
Check out the diplomacy forum, and there is a post there about the nemo's. The 1st post provides a link to their BB where you can make contact, and ask for an alliance with them.

StacyT
Thanks

My request to join is just above yours now. I think that I should be close to the other Nemos also. I don't know when I will be able to get $1000 astrodollars.
I just launched my fleet to take my second colony planet!

tobruk

Im about to launch for my 4th. Travel time is killing me, but so far Im loving my race adjustments.

sammystingray

you guys that haven't played before seem to actually be doing quite well. Don't forget communication is VERY important. Don't worry about NEMOs, try to get with someone who is doing well.
Keep in mind the game lasts about two months, so plan long term. A factory bought on day one will produce 1440 PPs by the end of the game, so keep that in mind when you start paying too much for another one. Meaning? if you pay 600 for a factory after the first month....the factory won't even have time to give you your money back.......so it would be a waste.
When you start new planets that were "FREE", aways try to send 3 colony ships atleast instead of just one, so you have 30 PPs to start with. The two extra colony ships that cost 120 to get only 30 PPs are worth it when your main planet needs 288 to buy anything, and the new planet has everything at five again. That extra 120 you spent to send two extra colony ships will buy you 2 factories, two farms, and a cybernet....could you do that with the 120 it cost on your main planet?
NEVER forget that even if your culture time beats your arrival time.....your culture level doesn't register unless you LOGIN! If you don't, you will lose your fleet. Culture level ONLY increases if you login after
you level up, so make sure it's a time you can get online....you won't gain a culture level even if the times up if you don't login after you level up.
Social and buying farms to get pop up is underrated IMO......each pop level adds a point to your score, a new lab, and a PP per hour. One of the top NEMOs that finished well into the top 50 had a MINUS science to his race....his pop growth is why he did well.
If you guys have any questions.....ask. The scam people figured out last beta really......to buy SUs after you have a trade screen by gaining level one, and since they are only like 300 buck each to start.....you can buy them and use them to get unlimited cybernets at 300 bucks each since you can either sell them, or get a building.....basically you can get a 30000 dollar cybernet for 300 dollars. Here's the trick for SWF players...most newbies don't understand how the SU market works. It is supply and demand. When a bunch of newbies buy SUs, the price goes way up. The price you see for SUs isn't what you pay....you pay the current price+ 2Xs the next price divided by 3....that's what it costs. It goes up and down as newbies buy when the price is low, but they drive the price up by adding demand, and then since the new price is 66% of what they pay....they get screwed. Buy when SU prices are high......they go up and down every day....if you buy when the price is on the up cycle, the lack of newbie buying drops the price, and the new low cost factors 66% into what you pay...........sell when the price is low. The fact so many people don't understand this has let many others gain serious cash and buildings cheap. BUY when the SU price goes up, and sell when the price is low....this is how the leaders of the last beta got there......SU buying. It will be a few more days before the newbies get a level one and start screwing up, but when it starts.....you'll see the price goes up and down day to day almost like clockwork......they don't understand supply and demand, and didn't read the rules that say SUs cost 33% of current price plus 66% of the new price.....