Astrowars

belothsurf

Trust me guy's, it's confusing at first, but once you understand everything, it's pretty simple, and you will ask yourself, "why didn't I figure this out sooner?" At least I did.
Ok, Fish....Your pop has nothing to do with your chance of winning a battle. Your physics and math do, and they are figured into an equation. All you can see is his average science level, but you don't know what sciences he has focused on. he may have a higher science in math, or physics than you, and if you focused on biology and energy, then your averages might be equal, but he would beat you in a battle given the fleets are equal.
Anyway, the reason why he has beat you,and not logged in, is because he probably already had a fleet sitting on that planet. Also starbases have a higher combat value so they are harder to beat, and when they are combined with a fleet, that makes it even tougher. Ok, this is the hard part.....on your first attack, you killed 20%. So that means you killed 20% of his fleet and starbase. If you look at his starbase now, it has probably dropped some, unless he bumps it back up. You also killed some of his fleet. On the second attack you killed 40%. I'll use this example,....and math hurts my head....:D . We won't include the sb in this. If you killed 20% of a 10 ds fleet, then there are 8 left. Then you killed 40% of that, you have 5 left. Starbases actually are reduced by pp, so you could have a level 12 sb, with only 1 point above level 12, and you could reduce it to a level 11 with 1 ds, probably. Use the battle calculator, located in the help section. You will have to guess his stats, but it helps a great deal. Good luck.......Spot

belothsurf

Originally posted by RussianSpy
BETH, ELFDOCTER, SOMEONE!!! Help, I have no idea what to do...This is all the info I know
Planets at Delta Aldhafera (80/27)
Eh..I give up
Oh ya, for y'all my username is Tuvok! Just to find me.

MAN!!! You are way out there. I bet you can't even use a cell phone that far out, or you would have some serious ROAM charges.

Read the FAQ first, and that may help some. But until you get into the game and start playing around, you will understand the FAQ better.
The basic gist, is, you start out with a few planets. You earn points per hour. You can invest the points into different aspects of your planet, which will increase the output of different aspects of your planet....:notsure: now I'm confused.......:D .
Farms increase the production points (pp's) devoted to increasing your population. Robotics increases the production points of your planet. Cybernets increase your culture, which your culture allows you to gain more planets. Research labs increase the points per hour devoted to increasing your science levels. You can only focus on one science level at a time, and each different science gives you different advantages. The real fun of the game is attacking people, and making friends. With your production points, you can build fleets, and attack others. But you should definietly try to make a few friends, by sending them a pm. So far, I'm tight with 4 Spanish guys, a German, 2 Americans, and a French guy, and they have their friends that I don't know. We are all fighting different people, but we are also fighting together against people, so it's very interesting, and fun trying to figure out all the broken English pm's I get.......:rolleyes: .............:D
Good luck, Spot :)

elfdoctors

Originally posted by ffishermen

i sent the attack in two waves. first was 20ds then 25ds about
2.5 hours later. first attack i took 20%, lost. second, 40% lost.
to make the defeat sting more he didn't even log in during both attacks.

ffisherman: He may have a +4 attack racial bonus so he has a higher chance to win. Here's how I see it:
20 destroyers destroyed 20% of his fleet and 20 of yours. You have to assume that he had the equivalent of 100 destroyers on his planet. After the first wave he would have 80 left. The second wave would have killed off 25 more which would leave him with 55 destroyers. However because you killed off 40% instead of 30% I would actually predict that he actually started with closer to 90 destroyers (and you have killed off 45 of them). I would predict that you will lose the next battle (killing off 85-90%). I hope I am wrong. He will still have around 5 destroyers. You could send off 10 destroyers with your transports and he should lose (IF he doesn't check in again). Using the battle calculator would help you make some of these calculations. It's located in the help section.
RussianSpy - Welcome to the game! You are a long ways away. If you review this thread you will get lots of good information. Early on all you want to do is set science to social and buy factories initially (perhaps up to 5) and then switch to farms and then cybernets and research labs. You will get the hang of it once you see what changes after you purchase the different types of infrastructure. The other players in your system are starting out in an identical situation. They are also trying to build up. They may try to attack you or they may become allies. Their profile can give you some idea how you are doing. The players who are starting now are either newbies like you or were killed off earlier in this beta. You will gain some valuable experience (and make some dumb mistakes) but this will make you a MUCH better player for next beta. If you have more specific questions that haven't been answered before, ask for help.
sammystingray - I am now a NEMO. I actually had an offer to be part of a much higher ranked alliance (that you are aware of), but there was some controversy if this was really the best move. I had to choose because I hit 200 points today. (You cannot join an alliance after you get 200 points).

russianspy

Planets at Delta Meboula (82/16)
I resigned and tried again...all the people are in the same time zone i think becsaue when i click there names we all have the same time!

russianspy

Better qualtiy pic! any help would be nice so i'm not killed off! I'm reading all the other posts in this thread to find out what to do but...:notsure: <----Thats all i feel!

russianspy

This thing is complicated..how do i build a fleet and starbases...This imortal17 has 5 already!!! I'm trying to be nice! and get a NAP, Howd o i build a fleet is my main concern, I puta ll my money in physics

belothsurf

Originally posted by elfdoctors

sammystingray - I am now a NEMO. I actually had an offer to be part of a much higher ranked alliance (that you are aware of), but there was some controversy if this was really the best move. I had to choose because I hit 200 points today. (You cannot join an alliance after you get 200 points).

There is an alliance ranked higher than the Nemo's?
....My bubble is busted,.... I thought the Nemo's were "It"....
.....:thinking: .....thank goodness it wasn't an algea bubble........
.....ha-ha....get it?
ha-ha..............okaay

belothsurf

Russian, you are set. Don't start over. Build up your robo factories and hydro farms for a few days. This will increase your planets total pp output.....focus your science on social. Maybe when you get your farms and science up to a level of 5 or 6, spend a few pp to raise your culture( done by spending pp on galactic cybernet). Look at your culture in the science screen, and see how many hours it has until it reaches the next level. As soon as it hits 2, you can take another planet, which another planet will add to your pp output. You can take a free planet by sending 2 colony ships to that planet, providing it is not under seige. You have to keep in mind, this game is a game of strategy, and patience. We were where you are at now, July 12th. The game is the same for you, and you'll have a blast, but you won't stand a chance of being ranked, or joining up with an established alliance. Also, do a search in the Aquarium forum for astrowars, and you'll get a bunch of threads like this one. There is even one where Doc was a newbie.......:D

russianspy

Erm...How do i build ships? I have no defense, I'm like a fat kid in dodgeball, one easy target and a easy hit! How do i build colony ships? I know i have to wait a day or 2 or 3 or 10 to get there! But when it comes how?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Its truth, AW does a poor job of giving the new player "the picture". I wonder if they go off beta if the game will come together better.
I'll bet that pretty soon there will be no more betas, and these guys will start charging to play. LOL
Are alliance members always grouped together around the same star systems? Is that a necessity? I would think that a big alliance would want far reaching arms across the galaxy. For instance, Nemos in Alpaha Quartrant, Nemos is Beta Quartrant....etc.

belothsurf

No, they make an effort to sign up at the same time, so they will be grouped together. The place where you wind up at is random, and determined on when you sign up.
That's part of the fun of it. The better players sign up early, and get together and have big fights, alliances against alliances.
Poor fools like me, who signed up early, will get eaten alive sooner or later,....unless I make some friends....:D .
You got stuck out on the outer edges, only because you signed up later.
Russian wouldn't stand a chance against you if he just signed up a few days ago, and got plopped down next to you.

russianspy

How do you put your countries flag up? Everyone in y "Hood" don't have flags, I'd like to place mine cuz i am proud to be american and to show that i won't know the spanards (i'm a yr 4 french student so i can get the gist of there messeges)

belothsurf

Erm...How do i build ships? I have no defense, I'm like a fat kid in dodgeball, one easy target and a easy hit! How do i build colony ships? I know i have to wait a day or 2 or 3 or 10 to get there! But when it comes how?

Start clicking on buttons, but not to fast......:) ....and you'll learn the interface.
When you click on planets, pick a planet, then pick spend points. Type in the number you want to spend on the options, some of those being destroyers, colony ships, etc....
First, go back and re-read this thread one more time.....:D

belothsurf

How do you put your countries flag up? Everyone in y "Hood" don't have flags, I'd like to place mine cuz i am proud to be american and to show that i won't know the spanards (i'm a yr 4 french student so i can get the gist of there messeges)

I don't like you already......
Spot