Astrowars

ross

Originally posted by elfdoctors
@Ross - I didn't even know you were a member on these boards for the two betas that I was in NEMO!

yup, i even put in a good word for you a few betas back when you joined. ;)

darknes

I have a question...I joined a NAP with one of my neighbors, and they asked if I was interested in doing friendly attacks on each other to go up a level or two. How does that work?
I didn't want to ask them, and make them think i'm new at this.

stacyt

Whenever you attack/defend against someone, and you win you gain experience points, or XP's as most refer to them. After so many XP's you gain a new player level, or PL. For each new PL you get an supply unit, or SU.
You can use the SU to either up a building one level, or you can sell it to get some cash. You can use the cash to buy production points, and build some fleet.
Normally what I would do is build 4 destroyers. Send 2 at your neighbor, and keep 2 at your planet. Your neighbor should do the same. You will kill the ones he sends at you, and he kills the 2 you send at him. This gives you both XP's.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Sammystingray is a former moderator who no longer has access here.

As far as I know, sammy does have access to SWF.com, but he did voluntarily leave "mod-hood".

T

thomas712

Originally posted by Darknes
I have a question...I joined a NAP with one of my neighbors, and they asked if I was interested in doing friendly attacks on each other to go up a level or two. How does that work?
I didn't want to ask them, and make them think i'm new at this.

Yes do it, a friendly attack gets you your first SU point. Send about 3 fighters each others way, bump your SB up to 4 or so.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the HELP area which should be right on your front screen. There is not a lot of info there, but some. The terminology is there as well as game basics and the value of the things that you will need to purchase.
In this game, it will help if you decide you want to be a farmer or a warrior. Farmers are the only ones that can win the game, but, obviously, they need warriors to protect them to win or at least score high. Check your time so that you do your upgrades and purchases to coincide with the time that you receive the extra points.
For new game players, these threads in the SW forums actually seems to help more than trying to get info from the game itself. You actually have some advanced players right here to give you advise. :D

elfdoctors

Originally posted by Darknes
Also, my coordinates are -50/-12

I think that you are in the same system as Calgone who is with TZAR. He will be a good person to work with. I was close to him last beta. Unfortunately, most of the rest of TZAR is far away. He may decide to restart with some of the other people who were separated from the main group (like I was).
When does NEMO sign on?

darknes

I think that you are in the same system as Calgone who is with TZAR. He will be a good person to work with. I was close to him last beta. Unfortunately, most of the rest of TZAR is far away. He may decide to restart with some of the other people who were separated from the main group (like I was).

Calgone is the one who is doing a NAP with me and asked if I wanted to do friendly attacks!!! Maybe this is good news!!

darknes

elfdoctors,
I talked with Calgone, and he remembers you. He said since he's on his own, he's been instruced to recruit his own members, so he's gonna see what he can do to get me in Tzar.

elfdoctors

I had to restart. I found out that I landed in a system in which the other three players were all from the same alliance and I was far from the main group. I am now much closer to one of our groups.
My new coordinates are: (39,-56).
If anyone is joining now, let us know and we will try to figure out if you are near anyone that we know who would be friendly. Proximity is important to be eligible to join any alliance.
Darknes - go ahead and post a request to join in the public TZAR forums and we will grant you access to our private forums: www.tzar.info
Also, when you are doing friendly attacks, make sure you have two destroyers surviving. With some of the new rules that were instituted in beta8, if you do not have 2 ships of the same type surviving, you only would get 25% of the usual experience and that would not be enough for you to get player level 1. Use the battle calculator (which you can find on the help tab) to figure out how much of a starbase you should have.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad there is not a way for Astrowars to just let alliances clump together at the same coordinates rather than having to try and signup together. :rolleyes:

stacyt

elfdoctors figured out how the AW signon proccess works, and was able to resign, and restart closer to the rest of the group. It took a few tried, but now that we know how it works, we should all be clumped together in future beta's.
Darknes looks like you'll be joining us this round. Calgone is a great player, and he will be a good instructor to help get you going. Funny that you landed in the same system as him.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by StacyT
elfdoctors figured out how the AW signon proccess works, and was able to resign, and restart closer to the rest of the group. It took a few tried, but now that we know how it works, we should all be clumped together in future beta's.

And is that a TZAR secret, or are you willing to share the "how to"? :D

elfdoctors

It's not a TZAR secret. (Actually I didn't think it was a secret at all!) Astrowars builds in ever enlarging circles around Rana. It also tends to log people into several clusters at a time to make it harder for a group to monopolize a particular area. This allows single players to have a chance to survive.
We all logged in at the same time and formed a huge circle along the 51st perimeter People who join now are now starting along the 57th perimeter (or higher). I restarted several times until I was in an outer perimeter near one of our clusters of players.
Part of the reason that our circle was so large this time was that we apparently logged on at the same time as Empire Solaire (another major alliance in the game). This may be an opportunity to improve my french! :confused:

fishy411

i just had to register again because i didnt get my login info e-mail. I think it will work this time. What are the good alliances to try to join?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
So, can you use your same username when you resign and log back in?
Is Empire Solaire friend or foe? Who is going to be in TZAR's Whitestar Alliance this beta?