Awesome skimmer!!

gypsie32

I have had my new Euro-Reef skimmer for a few weeks now and this thing works great! I have the es5-3 and this thing really cleans the crud from the tank. I have to clean it out at least 1 to 2 times a week. I have a question thou, is it possible to skim to much, or does cleaning it out all the time mean I am feeding my fish too much. I have a 90gal tank, with 2 percs, several snails and crabs and 1 anemone. Thanks

gypsie32

I have never turned off my skimmer when I add DT'S for my Feather duster, I will start doing that. Thanks for the info

nm reef

That may be true(is in fact true!)...but I decided to go with the EuroReef CS6-2 and I have absolutely no regrets. Once a week I empty the cup and clean it....no other maintenance has been requiried. I also dose DT's twice a week but I've never turned the skimmer off ... maybe I should because the EuroReef seems very effective at removing stuff from the water column.:cool:

attml

I have a Euroreef CS6-1 Skimmer and it kicks butt!! Prior to getting this skimmer I ran 2 skimmers in my fuge (a Berlin Original & a Prizm). My Euroreef skims more in 2 days then the other 2 skimmers did in 2 weeks combined! A very sweet machine!!

smuvcrmnal

Damn, and Ithought my ets was the best thing since sliced bread.........Guess I better does research. Yo, gypsy send me a link!:p

azonic

Lifereef > Euroreef
Please note: I have no data to base this conclusion on, just trying to start a little debate. :D :D :D

attml

Azonic,
All though I am a big fan of Lifereef stuff in this case I believe these are 2 different units. As Kip mentioned earlier the key that makes the Euroreef Skimmers IMO one of the best skimmers on the market is it's impeller (German style). This impellers design actually slices the bubbles giving you a huge amount of extremely fine bubbles. Although my unit is clear acrylic, when it is running it looks like white PVC there are so many bubbles being produced. After using 2 other skimmers the Euroreef blows them away by a mile! I highly endorse them!!!:)
Here is a shot of the Euroreef impeller compared to a standard impeller

quack

And those impellars have a (i believe) lifetime warranty. So save your proof of purchase. Take extra precaution to filter your sump inflow as small snails, carbon pellets etc can damage the 'lil plastic needles on the impeller!:mad:
AND . . . oversize when u buy. Everyone eventually upgrades, adds a fuge etc . . .

roadrunner

everyone that has replied to this post has given the Euro - Reef Skimmer two thumbs up . . . I'm wondering what type of skimmer to buy. is thier a Euro skimmer that is good for a 26 gal BF and if so what type and were could i find it?

phil1964

All you euro reef owners
Is it true that NO clearance is needed to remove the cup?
I am looking at a 24" tall one to put under a 27" stand.
Will that work?

phil1964

Someone else said that but I was making sure, thanks.
I went to order today from a place that was having a sale but they were out of stock.

barry cuda

Here's another question - skimmer footprint for an in-sump model. Does the entire skimmer need to fit inside the sump, or does it have an intake that sticks into the sump and pulls in water?

attml

Bump. And how about for a 100gal?
Get the CS6-1
Here's another question - skimmer footprint for an in-sump model. Does the entire skimmer need to fit inside the sump, or does it have an intake that sticks into the sump and pulls in water?
The unit should be able to sit in the sump flatly on the bottom. I recently had to create a new sump setup to accomodate mine but it was very worth it! You would lose a lot of efficiency if you tried to modify it not to work as a in sump unit (which defeats the purpose!) HTH!