awsome tube anenone

dingus890

Wow! I hope to be getting one soon. Do you have any trouble with them eating inverts or fish? What do you feed it? So cool looking.

lukeist1

no i have never had a problem. but i have heard they are killers...???? guess i'm just lucky? this is in my small reef tank. as such it gets alot of brine shrimp. because this tank also has my seahorses,2 male and three female. other tank mates are three green chormia's a sailfin tang,maroon gold stripe clown,and a piscico trigger. at least twice a week i feed it 2 or three large krill. and i'm sure it can sting but i have never been stung by it???

dingus890

I have heard they glow in the dark some. Have you guys ever seen this with yours after the lights on the tank go off?

dingus890

^ That's a bummer. I read an article not to long ago saying that Tube anemones have a bad rap as fish killers when in fact they are less likely to kill then most hosting anemones.
Maybe the LFS wasn't feeding it properly?
I wanted a carpet anemone originally but they are the true fish killers of the anemones..haha

dingus890

Originally Posted by lukeist1
http:///forum/post/3163707
yes it's a great neon green!
and as far as glow??? I have green moonlites and yes, it stands out like a stop light...
That's so awesome! And you have ur with seahorses? Wow that's risky but also shows people that tube anemone's aren't these killing machines. Very interesting! Have the seahorses gone near the anemone or tried wrapping their tails on it? Do they act stressed from it? That is amazing you are able to keep them together! Maybe you just have a less aggressive tube anemone?

lukeist1

Originally Posted by dingus890
http:///forum/post/3163795
That's so awesome! And you have ur with seahorses? Wow that's risky but also shows people that tube anemone's aren't these killing machines. Very interesting! Have the seahorses gone near the anemone or tried wrapping their tails on it? Do they act stressed from it? That is amazing you are able to keep them together! Maybe you just have a less aggressive tube anemone?
yes the seahorses do occasionly wrap thier tails and I have seen them swim thru without being bothered? but have also seen them move away fast...
everything in the tank was added after the tube. so maybe it is just happy with the brine shrimp and krill????

dingus890

http:///forum/post/3163810
yes the seahorses do occasionly wrap thier tails and I have seen them swim thru without being bothered? but have also seen them move away fast...
everything in the tank was added after the tube. so maybe it is just happy with the brine shrimp and krill????

Hey I didn't notice it before but I see your from Maine also

I had a small kellogi I got from a store in Auburn Maine but she died from a vibrio infection last year.
I have always wanted to get more from a store in Fairfield Maine but my 55 gallon recently had a spike in ammonia and crashed killing most of my fish.AGH!!
But that is really cool. Did you get the tube anemone from a store in Maine??Or online?

lukeist1

no I got it at my lsf in gardiner. but he burned two years ago.
and aqua corals is a great place! penny who runs it has some nice stuff and fish. but I think she's a little high on things. but i still go there every now and then. it's always cost me a couple of hundred bucks...lol but from what i've seen she has the best lfs in maine.and the one in westbrook was good too but i dont know if they are still open?

dingus890

http:///forum/post/3164251
no I got it at my lsf in gardiner. but he burned two years ago.
and aqua corals is a great place! penny who runs it has some nice stuff and fish. but I think she's a little high on things. but i still go there every now and then. it's always cost me a couple of hundred bucks...lol but from what i've seen she has the best lfs in maine.and the one in westbrook was good too but i dont know if they are still open?%%
Yes I agree Penny's store is the best in Maine. Yes her prices are WAY to high tho. I have not had great sucess with fish I bought from her tho.The fish that I got from her always had ich. I would tell her that and somehow she would say it was always my fault even tho I only had the fish for a few hours..haha I think she has better corals than fish IMO. But she is great and always there to help.She has helped me so much in the 2 years I have known her and she is really kind. Her store is a great place. Beyond beautiful display tanks!
The store in Auburn is really great too. I haven't been to the one in Westbrook so I am unsure if it's still open.

lukeist1

lol ...yes that sounds like penny...! and i dont buy fish from her cuz she's so high. but even corals from her you really need to take your time with. and never been to the store in auburn but maybe go in the next week or two?

reefkprz

I wouldnt give Penny a wooden nickel for anything in her store.
ALL her tanks have ich, she doesnt quarantine, and everything is over priced.
she has the nicest set up around but not the safest livestock by any stretch.
She also has the "I'm better than everyone so my poop doesnt stink" attitude. I cant stand her. especially the prices she charges are just out rageous.

dingus890

^I agree!! Everything I ever got from her died. She has nice looking items but they don't last. And if they die, she blames you. She also puts down other stores and says her livestock is the healthiest and therefore charges more.
She has a nice store to visit but not to buy anything..hahaha