B Ionic users

i like fish

I was just curious how much you all have had to deviate from the starting dosage to keep your levels where you want them.
The instructions say 1 ml per 4 gallons if not using kalkwasser.
I have had to go up to 1 ml per 2.5 gallons to keep my tank at 3.0 alk and 425 ca.
I did just start using it 2 weeks ago, so maybe it will settle at something different later on.

bang guy

The optimal daily dose is 100% dependent on the number and size of corals, clams, etc. in your tank as well as their growth rate.
An SPS tank with plenty of MH lighting could need 10X the dose of B-Ionic as what is recommended.

i like fish

I was just trying to come up with an average. It seems like maybe this is not a very popular product.
Thanks for the replies.

seaham358

I dose different all the time. Some days I need a full cup and others days its only 1/4 to help try and keep it where I want it. My Alk at first I did not have to dose at all, now 6 months later I use more Alk the Cal on most days. I just think there is no set number or ammount that anyone can give you.

scarybo

I have to dose:
#1...1ml per 2.5 gal
#2...1ml per 2.0 gal
I probably would have to dose more but I use kalk to replace all evaporation.

reef fool

I dose 20 ml per day of each part. and have kept my levels constant.
Alk 10.6 DKH and Calcium 420ppm in my 125 gal

i like fish

Depending on the degree of calcification occurring in the aquarium, dose may have to be significantly increased over our recommended starting dose.
This leads me to believe that "maintenance dosage" is different for everyone.
The 1 ml per 4 gallons is just a starting point.

I have used it for about a year and a half, B-ionic.....
it's great stuff you will see nice green, reds colors due to it's use
well I have a 75g. reef. I pour 20ml. of alk straight to the current... and about 25ml. of cal. daily....:) once a week I add a dose of liquid calcium (extra). Because for some reason my tank requires more cal.! Every tank is diffrent so u monitor yours for a month... Buy cal, alk, test and check it out every week, for a month, and then after that it will go smoothly ;)
U may have to make larger doses at first to get your alk. and cal. up there ( always do it evenly ). You will notice that for some reason over the long time period u will need to add more cal. than alk... thats why I add some Kents liquid cal. or turbo cal. seperate once a week. Other people drip kalkwasser... I heard is cheaper but I never tried it........ good luck is good stuff E.S.V. B-ionic :D ONE MORE THING I learned this the hard way. When adding PH buffer make surre you dont over do it!!!! Too much PH buffer will make you cal. drop for some reason BE CAREFULLLLLL