Baby Cleaner shrimps

dzones

Well after having my 2 cleaner shrimps carry a few batches of eggs in the past I actually got to watch them eject them this time.
One of them has been carrying these eggs longer than in the past so i have been watching closely. Well just a few minutes ago she started ejected them and I could see them floating around..little tiny transparent shrimpies. I tried scooping some up with a plastic container. I know I got some and put them in my fuge for a better chance.
Anyone on here have them actually live and grow from that stage in their tanks?

dukenay

Congradulation and good luck keep us posted also what does "bump" mean or stand for??
Dukenay

dzones

Thanks!
"BUMP" means that person just wants the topic brought back up to the top so more people can see it.

bang guy

I've raised a couple Skunk Cleaners and several Peppermint Cleaners. It's a lot of work and it's a lot cheaper just to buy wild caught ones than to raise them.

dzones

Thanks Bang Guy. I was just curious if it had been achieved in a tank before is all. I will see if i can get some of them to survive and if they do great but if not then at least I tried.
If i get them big enough I will take some pics.
Thanks all
Dave

bang guy

After 6 weeks they are ready to actually change from larvae to a real shrimp.
This is what they look like just before the morph:

dzones

man i wish i could take shots like that. what kind of camera do you have bang guy?
Thanks for the info as well!
:)