Back to basics- 29g adventure

eric b 125

I always thought it'd be cool to breed sexy shrimp. I'm going to throw a handful into my tank and see what happens.

Also, my buddy stopped by my place yesterday to check out the Gyre and we were talking about his experience with Reef Radiance...he's had such a horrific time with them. If those are the CCLED's you are considering, I would strongly suggest rethinking them (just based on his experience)

snakeblitz33

I bought a galaxy hydrogrow from Amazon. Its a 165w full spectrum LED light. I like it. I'm going to have to figure out how to hang it. I might stop by the hardware store before I head on home. We will have to see. I really like the color. I'm going to have to play around with them a little bit to tweak it just right. Other than that, its all starting to shape up.

My peppermint shrimp has been extremely active lately. I have been feeding him a few pellets every day, mostly by hand. I'm getting ready to put the new light over the tank and introduce some easy to keep soft corals in a few weeks. Just got ticketed twice by the police. Gotta pay for a bunch of paperwork Now.

Once I get that taken care of and put a roof over my new deck, then I will be in pretty good shape and can start adding a few things to the tank over time. Since I have nothing but time to work on the tank now, since I am in a really permanent spot, I'm taking my time with it.

I see that your making a lot of progress with your tank recently!

eric b 125

Sounds like progress, my dude!

Yeah, I've been getting stuff done. Still running a short photo period and hopefully coming to the end of the dino and cyano fight. I'm gonna chill out with livestock for the next few weeks and do some maintenance I have been putting off.

snakeblitz33

Sounds like a plan. I need to add a heater to my tank to keep the temp better regulated.

I think having just an invertebrate tank will be pretty cool. Never done just inverts before in a personal tank. Having a ton of amphipods and mysids and skunk cleaners all living together will be pretty cool I think.

snakeblitz33

I bought a shelf thing and tried these super heavy duty dry wall hangers and they ended up pulling out of the wall way too easily. I am going back to the store to pick up some actual dry wall toggles tomorrow after work. I liked the color and intensity of the new light though while I had it over it.

snakeblitz33

Flat worm exit, follow the directions. Lol. Its a $20 cure, and is reef safe. I'll have to fix my light this week and get the flat worm exit the next. My budget is pretty tight right now.

snakeblitz33

Yes it does. I'm working on a solution.

Gotta buy some flatworm exit.

Going to buy some easy inverts next weekend I think. Who knows.

snakeblitz33

Mixing up ten gallons of water for a water change tomorrow. I'm going to try to siphon out as many flat worms as I can tomorrow and treat the tank with flatworm exit next week if I see any more flatworms.

Looking at my tank right now with the new light on it. I really like it. The equipment that is hanging on the back of the tank is a bit unsightly, but it will all work out I think.

Since the tank seems to be settling in again, I'm going to resume kalkwasser dripping for top off. I can't wait to have some more things living in it. Seems like its just chugging right along.

I'm considering buying a jebao power head still, but I'm thinking about an MP10 for this tank to reduce the look of the clutter. I think I'm just most unhappy with the look of the large maxijet power head in the right corner.

lmforbis

Flat worm exit, follow the directions. Lol. Its a $20 cure, and is reef safe. I'll have to fix my light this week and get the flat worm exit the next. My budget is pretty tight right now.
What do these flat worms do? I saw something moving across my Duncan a week or so ago. Kind of grayish colored flat and worm like. When you posted about them I started worrying about it.