bad move?

fishman88

please no bad mouthing me!!!
i need to no if i mad i bad dission today.. i went to my lfs and i was lookin for a new fish... well i got a clam:rolleyes: and i have 110 watts of light i am goin to have 130 watts in about a week. the guy there said he should do fine in my 29 i forget what kind of clam it is but it is one that does not not need very high light... should he be ok? i am going to feed him regularly is there any other car i should no about?
mike :happyfish
and once again please be gentle

nm reef

Ok..I'll be as gentle as I can.
You should research any additions prior to risking their life in a system not adaquate for their survival!!!!

harlequinnut

Ok I'll give it to you plain and simple, take it back to your lfs to get credit or consider it a total loss. But if you must keep it, I would suggest you put it as high up as you can to the light. I assume you have pc lighting? Then use calcium additives(check your ca level) or other products like marine snow, that may prolong it's life a little more. Good luck.:nope:

fishman88

yea i am going to feed it regularly and i am going to buy new lights maybe a nice 175 watt mh.
mike :happyfish
p.s. thanks you for being gental lol

fishman830

we all make mistakes! like i set my tank up with tap water, but now i finially got my ro/di up im gonna do a bunch of water changes to get that tap outta thar!