Bang Guy, or anyone..about target feeding.

ntvflgirl

I tried feeding my trumpet tonight like you suggested. I used mysis, and a turkey baster. Well, none of the shrimp get into the mouths. I have to beat the cleaner and clown off of it, and the shrimp just sort of washes away...what am I doing wrong? BTW, the trumpets bad places seem kinda hard, although they still look like they have fleshy parts. I'm losing the battle. My calcium is a little low, at 350...just started dripping Kalk last night. Could this be the problem? Also, he was just moved to a higher place in the tank...I've got 260 watt pc's over a 55. What kind of light do they like? I don't remember it looking like this when it was lower in the tank.
Thanks again...

ntvflgirl

So, I need to add liquid calcium to my tank to get it up? My alkalinity seems to be fine...
I was thinking Kalk would raise the Ca.

tyr-sog

Silversides and hand feed work great for trumpets/candycanes. Well at least for me.;)
Heres mine nice and healthy

ryebread

You may want to try some B-Ionic to balance out your Cal/Alk before you start the Kalkwasser........it helps quite a bit. :)

bang guy

You need to wait until the feeding tentacles come out. Here's a crappy pic but good enough to give you an idea of what to look for.
Normally these tentacles come out at night. It takes time to train them to come out during the day. For now feed it at night when the tentacles are out until it gets healthy.