Bang Guy or someone?

coxy101

What should we feed some TINY baby B&W percs?
We went to our LFS to get our first inhabitants - planning on getting 2 percs. They didn't have any adults, but have a breeding program and a batch was getting big enough to be sold soon --- so she gave us a pretty good deal on two black and white percs ($30) and told us that we would need to crush up their food and inject it in the water close to their mouths since they were used to rotifers that were swimming all over the water. She said they weren't used to "hunting" for food, but as long as we put the food in front of their faces they should be fine. She gave us some red looking frozen food (told us they were frozen Red Brine) and told us to try to feed them that. Well - so far not successful. They are about the size of a nickel. When we got them home and they weren't in their 10 gallon tank with 50 other sibings, they looked TINY! What's the best method/type of food to feed them? What is that red frozen food? Any ideas? Incredibly cute and we want to be successful in raising them. :D

wildtang

Hate to say it but you should have waited to purchase them.
But do a search under clownfish or clownfish 101

T

thomas712

Red frozen brine? :notsure: Could it have been cyclop-eeze ?

coxy101

I know we should have waited... but we couldn't resist! They seem to be doing fine but it's been hard to feed them 2 times a day and to get close to them in such a large (in comparison) tank. Tonight we got one of them to get really close to the syringe and eat --- we'll try again tomorrow with the other one. My husband says they were mysis shrimp. Any suggestions of foods? Please? :confused:

bang guy

Mine get mostly Cyclop-eeze with a dose of Frozen Prawn Eggs. If nothing else just crushing flake food in your fingers will work and will gut loaded baby brine shrimp.
I'm a bit worried if they were still on Rotifers at nickel sized.

coxy101

Thanks so much for responding! I'll try that --- I'll post how they're doing. Today I tried to just crush up flakes, but they just spit them out. Their mouths are so small that it's hard to see if they're eating.