Bang guy?

condork12

I got my salt in a couple days ago and Im doing your technique for clearing up my lagoon(white milky water) and so far it nothing seems to be happening how long do you suspect it to take to clear up.All the white stuff just collects on the edges and on top of the powere heads in the water. i have some live rock and sand in it and a colonized biowheel floating in the water and my fluidized bed filter running now. also 3-4 water pumps. i feed it a little bit of food a daylike you said.where is all of the white stuff hunna go? i dont understand how this will clear it up. Please explain.
Thanks connor

rbmount

put a couple of raw shrimp in there to kickstart your cycle. the bacteria will cling to the dust particles and help settle them quicker.

bang guy

Originally posted by condork12
where is all of the white stuff hunna go? i dont understand how this will clear it up. Please explain.
Thanks connor

It should take about a week.
The flakes you are feeding will be consumed by bacteria. These bacteria will multiply rapidly and look for surface area to colonize. The tiny grains of sand are ideal for colonization. Once a sand grain has been fully colonized it will fall out of the water column. The reason for the high water flow is so the bacteria colonize the top 1/2" to prevent future dust storms.
I had you add live sand to start the bacteria colony.