Bang Guy

teresaq

I have a question for you. I know you have probably hatched your brine shrimp? Have you ever used Decapped brine and what was your hatches like.
I have 9 day old Erectus fry and having a hard time hatching the decapped brine.
I am not having a problem with regular brine eggs, just trying to keep the shells out.
Any advise would be appreciated

florida joe

T are your using the cone method if so After hatching , turn off or remove aeration and wait several minutes for the shells and and baby brine shrimp to separate. Newly hatched shrimp will settle to the bottom of the cone or move towards a light source; the shells will float to the surface. Once separated, you can siphoned the shrimp from the bottom with a length of air tubing or gently drained through the bottom of the cone through a valve

bang guy

I have decapped brine using bleach. I found the hatch rate to actually increase.
Are you rinsing them really well after treatment? You should also be able to feed the eggs directly once the shell has dissolved. Of course, I have no experience with ponies.