Bang you made me paranoid

fishcake

After you showed us all the picture's of the vampiric like iso pod.
I started to watch my tote bins that contain my extra live rock.
I saw these tiny white creatures swimming midway in totes, about the size of copepods.
they are extremely fast, Are they more than likely harmless iso pods or should i be worried? :scared:

fishcake

i saw one that was about the size of an amphipod and it moved through the water fast when i disrupted its hiding spot near the powerhead.:notsure:

bang guy

The animal in the picture is a Munnidae Isopod. You need to drain your tank, fill with gasoline and then set it on fire. Once that is accomplished do the same to your house and any neighboring houses within 5 blocks.

Actually, the Isopod in the picture is a beneficial algae muncher that will make an excellent nutritional supplement to your fish food. Lucky find IMO.

grimm reef

StreetDoc
Excuse the ignorance, but what makes isopods so bad?
Some isopods unlike copepods are parasitic and predatory, the Cirolanid isopod for example hides in the sand bed until a
fish swims by, it then swims up to fish and attaches itself and proceeds to eat its fins and tail. The bug then slices open the fish and eat its way into a major blood vessel where it will remain for some time sucking blood and eating tissue proceeding then to eat the lateral muscle