Bang-your tank.

scotts

You have done an excellent job of informing us about your lagoon. And your current documentary about Nemo is excellent as well. However I was thinking that I don't think I have ever seen a picture of your display tank. Can you please share some with us?
Scott

rwhite

I think thats the first tank we've seen with macro growing as opposed to a refugium. We also have have macro (3-4 diff. kinds) and we were wondering if its ever a problem? We like the look and just don't have the space for a refugium. We have a fairly large bunch of red grapes?? that came on a rock. Is it ok or should we keep it in check?

bang guy

Originally posted by nicky1.8t
nice as always , but whats the yellow thing in the lower left corner

A Yellow Tang with its nose up to the glass.

bang guy

Originally posted by rwhite
Iwe were wondering if its ever a problem?

Yes. It has killed several LPS corals. I have since removed most of it and the new Rabbitfish is quickly taking care of the rest. I have not had a problem with the Halimeda, just the Caulerpa species.

rwhite

Sorry, still new at this. Halimeda is the red grape branching algae? As far as green: the feather we have seems to grow, die off, then sprout new feathers. Is it still getting used to parameters; finding the the best "spot"?

bang guy

Originally posted by rwhite
Halimeda is the red grape branching algae?

Halimeda is green. It has very tough calcareous leaves that grow in sequence, one on top of the other. It's also sometimes called a money plant because the leaves look like a string of coins.
If your feather dies off once in a while then you should harvest it more often.

bang guy

Originally posted by Lazy east911
hey i was wondering, how did you grow ur macro algea, i wanted to grow some, do i put certain additives in ther?

No additives although Chelated Iron can help.
Light and good water flow and it will grow.

the claw

Nice looking tank Bang! My tangs forgot to read the manual and decided to devour my halimeda that I put in my tank. Little devils anyway.