BCS is officially a joke

ctm474

Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
I knew the Buckeye haters would be in full effect if we made it back to the top. Just remember the last time the Buckeyes didnt belong was in 2002 and they ended up becoming national champions. I am not saying that will happen this year. I beleive that LSU has the edge, but the Buckeyes didnt stand a chance against the mighty Hurricanes.
I certainly don't hate OSU, I just don't think that their schedule is one that an elite team should play. OSU plays it safe and it hurts them in the end, because they really don't face a top quality team (sorry Illinois) during the year, you get what happened in last years title game. OSU wasn't ready for a team like UF, also the long layoff that they had hurt them as well.
Maybe this year they will be more prepared and deal better with the 6 week layoff between games. I really think that the Big Ten should look into getting that 12th team (I know, Big TEN with 12 teams doesn't really make sense) so that they can have a conference championship game.

ok im understanding where your coming from. There is no question that their schedule was weeker this year. Most teams (most) do not schedule two or more major non conference games. I think that the addition of Youngstown St. was a little rediculous but it does give the small schools recognition and allows them to recruit better. Its not that OSU isnt scheduling or trying to schedule a tough nonconference oponent every year. They are booked through 2016 or somehting with big time college programs. I would however like to see them play an SEC team inthe regular season. That probably wont happen for a long time.

digitydash

Originally Posted by ctm474
But at least FSU and Miami schedule difficult non conference games. Not only do they play each other, but their schedules included Oklahoma, Colorado, Florida, Alabama, Texas A&M.
I agree and both will be good again.They have just has some recruit that didn't pane out.UM is my team I was just stating they have sucked the last couple of years.More then 3/4 wish they had as many titles though