Before and After Photos!

lion_crazz

Well I really need to get a better camera. Mine does not capture what my eye sees at all.
By the way, Mystic, I think your tank is looking great now! I am glad you stuck it out and made your tank look beautiful.

buzzword

Now 2/2/06. Wow what a change in corals and livestock. These pics are after a crash in which I lost 8 SPS pieces but no fish lost. I just added 6 frags of SPS as well. Starting to come together like I had envisioned it. Comments welcomed.
Tank 120g w/ 30g sump fuge.
2x250w MH and 4x65w PC's
150+ lbs LR.

mystic7

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Well I really need to get a better camera. Mine does not capture what my eye sees at all.
By the way, Mystic, I think your tank is looking great now! I am glad you stuck it out and made your tank look beautiful.
Thanks. I'm glad I stuck it out too!

mr_bill

I'll have to get a full tank shot but as you can see from my before picture, I have three panels in the front that don't make for good full tank shots.

monalisa

Here's mine. I'm not sure about dates. The first is during cycling, March-April, 2005. Not sure on how old the second stage picture is. The third is more recent, but since that pic I've added a cluster of barnacles and a yellow watchman goby.
Lisa :happyfish

tatoush

Nice Pics everyone....tanks are looking beautiful.
Jake15 great rockwork and nice looking corals

l8tr,
Lev

smoney

Hey Monalisa,
Whats that yellow coral called? the one in the third picture? I wanted to get something like that.

S

sarah fair

All that stuff growing on yalls rocks...is that coral? or will alot of it grow on its own?

monalisa

Originally Posted by SMoney
Hey Monalisa,
Whats that yellow coral called? the one in the third picture? I wanted to get something like that.
SMoney,
That's a devil's hand leather coral. Kind of a finicky little guy. It took him forever to get comfy in my tank...probably because I kept moving the poor guy. After probably about 2 months or so, he seemed fine. Still, every day for about an hour or two late afternoon, early evening, he folds down into a little brown fist. That doesn't seem to matter to my clowns though, they've been hosting with it almost since I put it into the tank.
This is a really cool thread. I LOVE to see the progression of everyone's tanks!!

monalisa

Originally Posted by Sarah Fair
All that stuff growing on yalls rocks...is that coral? or will alot of it grow on its own?
That's coraline algea. It will grow if water parameters are optimal for it. I'm not an expert, but I know that a calcium level of 400 - something is desirable for coraline algae.
I'm assuming that you're asking about the purple/pink/green on the rocks, right? That's what coraline algea is. Please clarify if I'm wrong...

buzzword

corbin, thanks for the props but I have seen much better tanks. Talk about crazy growth look at the first pic from when the tank was 2-3 months old and you can see the Colt coral at the far end. How small it was. Then look at the now pics and see the monster it has grown into. I am fragging that and taking all of it out if I can find anyone that wants pieces of it. I am not ready to frag my SPS yet even though I have 3 people that want a frag of my Red A. formosa. It is really hard to get a pic of the formosa so you can see what my eye sees. It is red with teal blue coralites and is really pretty, my favorite piece of SPS.